• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Role Playing Game] [FRP] The Map Has No Name Yet(Trying to come up with smt good)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
SIEGE OF ULDUAR

Authors:
-NightStalker06698 (aka GrimRulezz)
-Thondrill

Story:

The map is being designed for both multi player and single player behaving harder for numbers of players, up to 4 but this may be dropped down to 2 players.

The map will explain some of the story and through gameplay the story will reveal itself more, therefore I cannot tell much about the story.

Once, there were two kings ruling two great nations. One Elven king, and a Human king. The two great nations were living in peace until something snapped and two kings became so hateful towards each other.

Then a big war was upon the lands. Battle after battle until the final clash resolved everyting...

And after the last clash, two nations cut their relations with the outside world and they grew their hate towards each other stronger...

Nobody knows exactly what caused the great war or what happened to the two kingdoms after the war...

The game starts after 100 years from the end of this war and you have been forced to leave your lands because of the bandit threat and through times you have lost all your descendants... All you have is your skill at fighting and your friends (which are other players).

You arrive to a human city, and they accept you, since they are newly settled there and need every muscle that can work for them. So you do a bunch of work for them at start and the story takes you in its grasp as you progress along.

PLAYER PROGRESSION

As the player progresses the character will progress. The unit's stats will increase as normal but he will acquire better weapons through main or optional quests.

The different spell system will be compared to many of the frp maps is; the unit will not have initial spells, the spells will come with the weapons, and they will get stronger and characteristic to each stronger weapon.

There will be no class or character choosing, each player will play a villager model (Villager255 by Graber). He is the main character of this map. The reason I used this character is he has 255 animations, duh? He will not change even if he get 1000 times stronger than the beginning only his armor and weapon will affect him.(Except his stats)

CUSTOMIZATION OF THE CHARACTER
The player will be able to customize his/her character by using any weapon, armor and the character will equip that armor or weapon. The attack style of the unit will change according to the weapon he is using too, axe, sword, spear. The character can choose to be an archer or a mage but there will be no turning back once you've chosen your weapon(Applies for melee classes, archer and mage separetely)

One can only equip one type of armor, and weapon!

HOME SYSTEM
There will be houses throughout the map which the users can rest in. Some will be purchasable and some are acquired through quests. The player can enter into the house as well with the character and view him. The houses will replenish the characters' health, mana and cooldowns.

QUESTS
There will be two types of quests; main and optionals. The player must do the main quests in order to progress through the story, and there will be optional quests too. Some will be linked with the storyline while some will be just simple quests for experience like fishing, bounty hunting, boss killing...

Some quests will reward the player with essential items. Some will only give experience.

COMBAT SYSTEM
In order to avoid monotony, the combat system will require active player participation. The units will be more advanced than the default warcraft 3 units and will take more thinking to defeat them. Especially the boss fights will have more action. At random times the boss will cast a spell in the current area and this will make players move their characters in order to avoid the effects of the spell. For example meteor showers, blinding a circular area etc. If the character gets hit by these spells it will make the boss fight much more difficult. (Not all units' behaviours will be improved though because it will make the gameplay very hard and the coding to be very crowded.)

This map uses lots of custom units I will give credits once the work is done.

Here are some screenshots

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

This link will direct you to the map download page. It is the alpha stage of the map and i dont think itll get past over that stage. I might not work on it anymore so i wanted to share what i got. The map can be played for like half an hour. There are missing spells in classes and some classes are not done yet. So expect many bugs. Items are not finished too etc.

NOTE: Some may not like the terraining. The first city which is created a few years ago is very plain without any hills or platoes, but it's nice to have plain ground for a city I guess, another reason for the sake of simpliness the map will be big, and all the work is done on normal WE and I don't want to exceed doodad limit.

ANOTHER NOTE: The map is done by two person only, and we may need some help in further times in any category, any person that wants to contribute in the map and help us out is welcome. Here are the parts we may need help later;

-Terraining
-Triggering(Coding)
-Custom Spells
-Voice Acting

Just leave a comment on what part you can help with and we will contact you, with respect to the comment order, in need

Attachments

• Ss1.png
    Ss1.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 483
  • Ss2.png
    Ss2.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 459
  • Ss3.png
    Ss3.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 506
  • Ss4.png
    Ss4.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 544
  • Ss5.png
    Ss5.png
    2 MB · Views: 462
Last edited:
Level 1
This looks like a good map.I like the part where everyone start with a Villager.It's all depend on the items you have.Then you can be anything(Spellcaster,ganker etc...).I'm waiting to play the map :p

Level 9
Hm.. interesting... if u need some terraning aid.. PM me.. im not a perfect twrrainer, but i can make some decwnt terrain..
And nice..

Status
Not open for further replies.