• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Frozen Unit Defense (Survivor) Beta2

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Beta Version 2 for this time being
released at feb.18 2010
If any bugs feel free to comment or email [email protected]

This is similar to a tower defense map, but it uses units and not towers.
20 waves in this beta, will try to add more in further updates.
3 special events, 2 for gold earning, 1 for final hero battle.
Desgined to be easy to learn, and a little challanging follow-up

Changelog Beta 2:
Added Quests Log
Players that are not in game will not have any units, nor creeps spawn.
Set cooldown to shockwave tower to avoid abuses
Weakened Shockwave tower.
Empowered the creeps to make the game more challenging.
Fixed the Stunning golem--bash from 100% to 50%
Strenghtened Sheep Boss to make it look more like a "Boss" =.=''
New Unit- Medic with a Chain Healing (Healing Wave)

Special Thanks to:
Newominus for founding the major bugs in the first version.

Keywords:
Tower Defense, Hero Defense, Unit Defense,Survival,Final Duel
Contents

Frozen Unit Defense (Survivor) Beta2 (Map)

Reviews
05:22, 2nd Aug 2010 ap0calypse: Rejected
Level 9
Testing content...

Edit: There should be no creeps on the other lanes when there are not enough players to fill the whole map. Especially when all the other players died except for me (because they ran out of health and their castles blew up), a block of text showed up saying player2 and all of the other's heroes have died and have been defeated. The golems were when all of them started to die.
Edit: Its very easy to kill creeps just by spamming Shockwave from the shockwave tower. I actually killed a whole wave of polar bashers by spamming it right in front of the tower.
Edit: What is a defenser? Isn't it meant to be defender?
Edit: When you first start the game don't give the player a high level hero. Just give them a load of gold and some time to spend it. But if we absolutely HAVE to have a hero, let us choose.
Edit: The silver coin looks like a rune to me. In fact, I think it IS a rune.
Edit: Healer unit mabe?
Edit: I couldn't make it to the special events because all the other people died too soon.
Edit: Make all the towers the same distance between the castle and the spawn point.(but they were nearly the same though.
Edit: Some things in the quests tab?
Edit: I think the blue lane was one wave faster than me.

Last edited:
Level 2
Testing content...

Edit: There should be no creeps on the other lanes when there are not enough players to fill the whole map. Especially when all the other players died except for me (because they ran out of health and their castles blew up), a block of text showed up saying player2 and all of the other's heroes have died and have been defeated. The golems were when all of them started to die.
Edit: Its very easy to kill creeps just by spamming Shockwave from the shockwave tower. I actually killed a whole wave of polar bashers by spamming it right in front of the tower.
Edit: What is a defenser? Isn't it meant to be defender?
Edit: When you first start the game don't give the player a high level hero. Just give them a load of gold and some time to spend it. But if we absolutely HAVE to have a hero, let us choose.
Edit: The silver coin looks like a rune to me. In fact, I think it IS a rune.
Edit: Healer unit mabe?
Edit: I couldn't make it to the special events because all the other people died too soon.
Edit: Make all the towers the same distance between the castle and the spawn point.(but they were nearly the same though.
Edit: Some things in the quests tab?
Edit: I think the blue lane was one wave faster than me.

Updated: see changelog
sincerly thanks for your suggestions and bug reports.

Level 9
Oh no! just to remind, use the EDIT button instead of double posting. Thats why I had like 10 edits in my post.

Edit: Change firebat's moon glaive ability description and (mabe) icon.
Edit: Creeps were still spawning at other lanes (I think you tried to fix that by killing creeps at the end point) but the dummy that was killing the creeps was killing the creeps that got to MY base as well.
Edit: The hero was still severely overpowered late in the game with over 2500 health and over 200 damage, recovering lots of damage taken from a vamparic aura and critical hit. The hero was also a bit overpowered at the start with near 1000 Hp and an average of 51 damage.
Edit: A friend of mine played this game and said it needed more customisation (items/abilites) for the hero and then shortly after said it was "BOOORING"... But after all, its still in beta.
Edit: Your hero still gained EXP from other kills in the map.

Last edited:
Level 2
=.='' updating at ver 3....
and the horrible description? i duno hw to make a GOOD one..

And by the way, i dont think im a expert at mapping, but at least i understand BASIC triggers...but i purely had NO KNOWLADGE in jass.

Another point-Im currently working on my 3 team hero arena, so will update this map maybe in the future. (What i mean is i wont update it for a lil time being)

Last edited:
Level 9
:thumbs_up:nothing

:con:bad terrain

:thumbs_down:unplayable(win after 10 seconds if i dont fill a slot)

:thumbs_down:extremly bad balance.
Egs:Tauren should be tank, but deals quite alot dmg and dont have much armor.
Medics gain to much aggro and always die.
Troll warlord may have at least as good dmg output like tauren, but he isnt marked as a meele so he cant use the vamp aura

:thumbs_down:Only a few units with nearly no abilitys

:thumbs_down:Wy I need units? Hero makes everything alone(expect the golem lvl, where he needs someone to tank the bahses)

Rating: 1/5

This maps needs:

bugs removed
better balancing
more and more interesting units
a balanced Hero
Better balanced units
better balanced waves