• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Frostmourne Fanart Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 26
Going for an unexplored angle here... minus Frostmourne. I still fail at composition.

Attachments

• Arthas 7-6-08 copy.jpg
    Arthas 7-6-08 copy.jpg
    255.2 KB · Views: 183
Level 26
To be honest, Sansui, I don't think either of those are really that good. The painting has some proportion distortion, but they didn't pull it off particularly well. Arthas doesn't look very maniacal. The foreshortening is also a bit off. As for the super sculpey sculpture, although it does look awesome the garish paint job kind of killed it for me :(

EDIT: Hai guyz. i liek was colouring it with a mouse

Attachments

• Lichy Head.png
    Lichy Head.png
    38.5 KB · Views: 188
Last edited:
Level 2
So... no update or new entrys ?

I was thinking we were approaching of the end of the contest cause I saw the end date on the Blizzard website but they have modified it, now it's this :

FROM THE XXTH OF MAY 2008 TO THE XXTH OF JUNE 2008

Hehe, maybe they're still needing an amazing artwork :thumbs_up:

Level 18
To be honest, Sansui, I don't think either of those are really that good. The painting has some proportion distortion, but they didn't pull it off particularly well. Arthas doesn't look very maniacal.

The face on the arthas in the painting makes it awesome. Its called style, as the armor he is wearing is HUGE minor proportion errors for style. Looks great.

Look at your drawing proportion errors all over the place.

As for the super sculpey sculpture, although it does look awesome the garish paint job kind of killed it for me :(
Um, garish paintjob... its almost all gray. Seriously you seem very naive.

Level 6
I wouldn't trust a sword to someone under 18.

They aren't responsible enough.

(I wouldn't trust myself with a sword either D: )

i wouldnt trust a sword of this kind to anyone, not even someone over the age of 18, its just to epic.

and the thing about the this only being in europe, hell yes finally something thats only for europeans, EUROPEANS FTW! and secondly but not least ARCHIAN FTW!

Status
Not open for further replies.