• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Frostmourne Fanart Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archian

Site Director
Level 61

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
Not entirely: there's another..
The Grand Prize Winner will receive a Frostmourne replica by Epic Weapons that is second to none in detailed craftsmanship and technology:

* 47" Overall Length with 28" Stainless Steel Blade
* Genuine Leather Wrapped Grip
* Limited Edition Sword
* Embedded with Patented G2G Authenticity Microchip

Level 8
I made one a couple years ago. Does this work?

Frostmourne_Closeup_by_Gornakosh.jpg

this is amazing, how did you make that?

Level 27
Definitely a fraud.
Few years ago, bullshit. Look at the postdate of the post on that blog.
Mar. 16th, 2008 at 3:15 PM
http://deadmanlecroix.livejournal.com/
Granted, I can't speak Russian, and I doubt you do either considering your email:
IamtheRPer.@LordaeronUSWEST
Noting the US West part, I don't think any western United States speak Russian natively.
All in all, do not do this again, or receive harsher punishment than -rep.
--donut3.5--

Level 18
Nbah, allot of my stuff is on Google.

For crying out loud I found my BROTHER on Google. My BROTHER!!

Alot of people steal my stuff and Im getting pissed about it.

To answer your question my dad has a furnace cause he loves making metal and shit. So when I first saw the Wc3 cinematic of Frostmourne im like: Holy @#(% I wanna make it. So I took some of my dads metal, the sword I took a pic of is about 3-4ft long. Its HELLA heavy too. The annoying part would be the runes. I had to take it out of the furnace, and plant those symbols in real fast or else I woulda ruined it, after putting the runes in I had to carve the outside, It took me hours to make it perfectly sloped and curvey...

But it has a couple cracks in it so I didnt wanna take another pic of it, doenst look good anymore. My dads furnace doesnt work anymore either. It set the house on fire once.

Not fun.

Does that answer your question?

Level 14
"But it has a couple cracks in it so I didnt wanna take another pic of it"

Hahahaha Ha ha haha hahaha!!! Omg thats too good. Seriously if you made it then why not give more details as to HOW? Such as a step by step process including how much time it took you for each step. Granted I'm no blacksmith but I do not believe that you don't carve anything. You hammer the crap out of it.

Oh and don't move it. Just take a camera and take a pic of the sword where it is. I aint no photographer either but I believe you can move a camera around so you don't need to move what you are taking a picture of. I can't move a mountain but I can still take a picture of it.

Level 10
To answer your question my dad has a furnace cause he loves making metal and shit.

You can't make 'metal' and 'shit' with a furnace.

But it has a couple cracks in it so I didnt wanna take another pic of it, doenst look good anymore.

Cracks, on stainless steel? You must be joking.

My dads furnace doesnt work anymore either. It set the house on fire once.

I doubt this very much, and why would setting a house on fire disable the furnace from working?

That Russian Site (Rough Translation) said:
Very shortly, a replica of Warcraft 3's relic 'Frostmourne' will be on sale. Here you can see photos and other details:

http://www.epicweapons.com/products/frostmourne/

Considering that epicweapons IS the company that's sponsering the contest, it's quite obvious that he did not make it. ;)

Level 45
I made one a couple years ago. Does this work?

Frostmourne_Closeup_by_Gornakosh.jpg

Considering your IP is from California and the original creator here who posted it last year and even has photos of him with it is located in Switz: http://gornakosh.deviantart.com/gallery/
And dont pull the "OMFG NO THOSE PHOTOS ARE OF ME, HE STOLE THEM TOOOO" stunt because its obvious that you are talking bs.
I suggest you shut the hell up when you decide to steal other peoples work and bs your way. As this is theft an an attempt to stir up trouble Im infracting you. Learn your lesson or stay the hell away from this site and my sight.

Oh..and by the way. leaving the authors name on the file image name you posted wasnt a smart idea either.

Level 2
I personally don't think someone would be skilled enough to make that.. it's merely impossible, even the best steel crafter in the world would have trouble making it.

Level 34
I personally don't think someone would be skilled enough to make that.. it's merely impossible, even the best steel crafter in the world would have trouble making it.
No, they can make it just fine. They have machines that do it. In fact you can buy that sword, it's 300+ US.

Level 24
Well it has an age prohibition you know ,18 years or above.

And even if its above 18,Im 15 and I consider myself fully rational and self-controled to know what danger that sword consists.

And now ,on the other thread,JS said that Blizz will be responsable for what happens with the sword.Now you may have the sword and 18 years,but are you really mentaly capable to realise what danger that sword consists?

This is the main peril that Blizz has to confront in this contest,mentally unstable participants,believe it or not,there are some!

Well this isnt Archians case,we all know him very well,he is succumbing in the Dark Side!

Level 23
I agree with you wholeheartedly. Also, other than cutting yourself or accidentally killing your friend, the sword... might drain your soul. I dont think Blizzard claims liablilty for that. :p or any other runeblade. But, against the risks, it would still be cool to have one. ^ ^

Level 23
I was just about to say we were off topic. :p but... ya.
Off-topic...: look at the posts the two of us have been posting. I see a PATTERN! :D
... I just thought of something ive read before. "Going off topic on and offtopic thread is going on topic" or something along those lines. :p

Level 2
No, they can make it just fine. They have machines that do it. In fact you can buy that sword, it's 300+ US.

Heh, ofcourse; what I meant was, something done manually, not by a standardization machine, like he pretended to had done.

Level 14
First off the Buster sword would probably not be all that difficult because it's just a regular blade.. just big.
The more detail the harder to make.

On Topic.. I wish I could enter this.. but I suck at drawing.. Swords are sweet.. I'm over the age too.. oh well.. Goodluck Archian.

P.S. What the hell happened to your rep Archian?

Level 23
He screwed with the rep. He is going to join Darrth Vader and also, quoting him, "I have great plans for this battlestation." is what he wishes to do with the site. :smile:

Honestly, I don't know what they are. Archian, mind telling a fellow sith?:smile:
You never read any of this.......

Status
Not open for further replies.