• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] From 2D to 3D Triggering

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hi there guys. This is my first post here in Hive =)

Actually I really have the ability to solve 3D functions but even though i have somewhat "above average" GUI triggering and know the fundamentals of jass, I still find it hard on getting to the right point.

I use Coordinates instead of Locations because i have heard that it's much faster...but, bang... I just can't get it right...
What does wc3 use in computing angles? i try converting Atan2(b,a) to radians or degree(same converting Sin(a)*c and Cos(a)*c) but to no avail. In GUI they're doing just fine but I need it in jass...I already mess up un 2D and that's why i can't move on triggering 3D functions...

...anyways, I really need this because I am doing a Race Game with real Physics. Thanks much. :goblin_yeah:

-nyks078

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
JASS is almost completly in radians with exception of widget facing which for some reason is in degrees. This is the only time I know angular typecasting is required (when reading and setting unit facing or making a destructable). I do not know if camera orientation is in radians or degrees.

Level 3
http://warcraft.ingame.de/maps/mappedia/Pi

Below are the functions that use radians, maybe SetSoundConeAngles uses it too, do not know what this function does/how to distinguish it.

Although, as noted there, GetCameraField returns radians for roll, pitch and yaw, SetCameraField takes degree.

..wOw, i've been looking for this for a while! Thanks

Thank you guys..oh man this is awesome. Problem solved, not anymore confused now
ha,ha!!

Status
Not open for further replies.