• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Friend not seeing special effects

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
I think it is most likely just something busted on his end, but I'll explain:

I was playing with a few friends on my map, and basically, many special effects weren't appearing for him (though they appeared fine for me and my other friends. Some of the effects are just placed on the ground, some are attached to Vexorian's dummy model, and some are just units with locust. I can't describe to full extent what appeared and what didn't since I couldn't see his screen, but he mentioned special effects that I knew were from these things.

It's strange because it worked for everyone else and it even has worked for him in the past.

Any insight on this will be appreciated :)

In IceEscape we somehow also experience(d) such bugs. Rarely, but still.
We could not explain it ourselves, but the problem was the same, that a person
was not ablt to see special effects, which are normaly displayed ror others.

I don't know why/when the bug occured, but what I can say that atleast for us it vanished away as apprupt as it came by. ;D

Level 12
In IceEscape we somehow also experience(d) such bugs. Rarely, but still.
We could not explain it ourselves, but the problem was the same, that a person
was not ablt to see special effects, which are normaly displayed ror others.

I don't know why/when the bug occured, but what I can say that atleast for us it vanished away as apprupt as it came by. ;D

Lol that's so strange. It's pretty bad in my map since some of the special effects are warning signs for massive damage effects, so you have to dodge based on what you see. My friend is just going in blind against infernal meteors (that he can't see) and giant spikes that nearly 1-shot the tankiest characters (he can't see the spikes or the warning sign special effect lol).

Level 20
It is literally a bug in the Warcraft 3 of your friend, so maybe suggest him to uninstall his Warcraft and install the latest version of a warcraft 3.

This happens to my cousin before when we played my map and some models are not showing for him, so we reinstall it into new Warcraft files. Maybe some files are corrupted or some mpq problems.

Level 14
Anytime this happens for me a simple restart of my computer fixes it. Not sure why or what causes it, but it's an easy fix although a little inconvenient.

Status
Not open for further replies.