• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Special Effects Not Showing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Hi,

Not sure if this is just me but some special effects aren't showing anymore in my map. I've got the Orb of Venom damage effect (poison thing) that is made by trigger, then right after it removes the special effect. This has always been fine but it doesn't seem to be appearing anymore?

This also seems to have happened with an imported effect too

EDIT: The imported one is fine, I was scaling it incorrectly

Last edited:
Level 14
I think you may have to restart your computer. If you go long periods of time between restarts this sort of thing happens for some reason. I think someone explained it to me once, but I don't remember why lol.

Level 9
Some special effects have very short death animations. If you destroy the special effect, it will actually play the death animation. You'll have to save the effect on a variable and then destroy it after the birth animation has ended. Some special effects have only one animation, so they will be played fully even if they are destroyed right away.

Status
Not open for further replies.