• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Special effects do not appear!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello guys,

There's something strange that happened lately. First, i thought it was related to one of my maps then it appeared that even if i create a new map it'll carry the same problem.
The triggered special effects do not appear.
for example:
  • Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Center of Region 000 <gen>) using Abilities\Spells\Human\ThunderClap\ThunderClapCaster.mdl
It's not only the ThunderClapCaster Special Effect, it's every triggered special effect.
When i play the campaign maps the triggered special effects appear. :vw_wtf:

What kind of devilry is this! :vw_death:

Thank you.

Level 8
What kind of devilry is this! :vw_death:
That's one of the strangest things I've seen so far. Did you try setting the ability name path to string during map initialization and then creating the effect from string? Try it with a custom imported file. If it works that way and not with the default, it might be a WE bug.
  • Set FctVAR_DmgEffectS_Bleed= Objects\Spawnmodels\Other\HumanBloodCinematicEffect\HumanBloodCinematicEffect.mdl
then
  • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the chest of FctVAR_AttackedUnit using FctVAR_DmgEffectS_Bleed
Something like that?

Status
Not open for further replies.