• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

FR:Battlegrounds Special Edition 2.7

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
This is an old project of mine which i never released before. Now i have decided to revive the map and release it on Hive. This map requires quite a bit of patience to play as my objective for this map is to try and emulate a true medieval battle as much as possible. Try it out and i hope you'll enjoy it! All feedback and comments are welcome.

Game Description:
Forgotten Realms: Battlegrounds - Special Edition is an alternate melee map based on Forgotten Realms lore. The map attempts to emulate a true medieval warfare within WCIII restrictions as much as possible. Fortify your fortress, build up your economy and raise a huge army to crush your enemies. Each team contains a king and 2 "subservient" players. If the king player's hero dies, the entire team loses.

This version of the map only contains the human race, where as the original map contains more races(at the moment it only has Humans, Elves, Dwarves and Drow). The original version is currently not released for public use due to some bugs and imbalances that i have yet to fix.

Features:
1) Upkeep System - All units except heroes and structures require an upkeep of 20 gold every 2 minutes. If a player fails to pay the upkeep, he will start losing units for each unit he fails to upkeep for.
2) Alternate food system - Instead of having units eating up food, each STRUCTURE(except defense structures) takes up food supply instead. Has a max of 100 food. This is to prevent players from spamming units by massing unit producers.
3) Multiple Income Sources - There are many ways to get resources. It's just up to you to decide how to get them.
4) Diplomacy System - Each team's king can form an alliance, a peace treaty, or declare war on another team. Commands for each respective acts are -ally #, -peace #, and -war #, where as # is the team number of the target team.
5) More realistic combat system - While it is not entirely "realistic", units in this game have a higher casualty rate. Meaning, a unit can die from a single shot from an attack, bow shot, artillery, etc, etc.
6) Heroes - Each non-king player has the option of acquiring a hero from 4 offered choices. Unlike the WCIII system, heroes are weak at the beginning and takes a much longer time to get stronger.
7) Alternate Unit training system - Instead of the normal WCIII "train-to-get-unit" system, the game uses the "mercenary-purchase" system instead. In other words, purchased units immediately appear when bought, but the unit structure has only a limited amount of available units, requiring it to "restock" the units before you can purchase again.

Keywords:
Alternate Melee, Battlefield, Realistic, Army, Medieval, Forgotten Realms, D&D, Siege, War
Contents

FR:Battlegrounds Special Edition 2.7 (Map)

Reviews
01:25, 31st Jul 2010 ap0calypse: Rejected