• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Four Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hello peoples, there are some bugs I'm not sure how to go about fixing, so if you will, help will be appreciated. If you need more details to help, let me know.

1. So there is an ability based off of roar, but this ability is actually a debuff, and so how do you make it so that units with autocast dispel do not dispel it from your opponent's units?

2. There is an ability based off of rejuvenation, and it is peculiarly affecting units when they are in a state of spell immunity (when the mountain king uses avatar).

3. There is an ability based off doom, and it is supposed to last only 30 seconds, but for some units (high level creeps in particular), it lasts until the units die.

4. There is an ability called "Bribe" in which you gain control of an enemy unit, but when this happens you get your opponent's research bonuses for free. They are applied to your units upon you gaining control of another player's unit.

Level 4
Hi Lohen :grin:

First, You need to base defuff on something else, or use triggers as Darkgrom said.. But i honestly think you can't base a defuff on "roar", it will always cause troubles if you use it that way..

Second, just check targets allowed of the ability.

Stats - Targets Allowed

Third, Doom ability is meant to work like that, it's supposed to kill the unit and then summon a demon, guess why it is called "doom".

Read the original tooltip of the ability.

Marks a target unit for the manifestation of a Demon. The afflicted unit cannot cast spells and will take <ANdo,DataA1> damage per second until it dies. Upon its death, a great Demon will spawn from its corpse. Doom cannot be dispelled or cancelled.

If you want an ability that creates damage over time without killing the unit, try creating it with triggers or simply use "Unholy Frenzy" as a base.

Fourth, I think Darkgrom is right, you can't remove an upgrade. But i'm not sure why it gets over the rest of units. You have to check the "Bribe" spell triggers, or post it here that will make it easier for people to help you.

Level 2
If you want a dot that will summon on kill but will fade after 30 seconds use the naga parasite ability instead of doom.

Level 4
I belive he is talking about Broken Alliances map, wich is also RoC, so naga spells as a base would create problems unless he trigger himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.