• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to make a unit cast an ability when it wants to attack?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello there.

The simple example of what i want to achieve is zealot`s charge ability in SC2 (zealot gains an increased movement speed while reaching an enemy unit if the ability is on autocast). So yeah, WC3 on-attack abilities (like enchanted arrows) doesn`t work with melee units. I tried to make a trigger based on "unit is issued an order" events, but they can not work properly with an attack-move type of orders (basically if u making a trigger like that, the ability would cast even if there are no enemy units near the point of order issued). And actually the ability woudn`t work if unit is ordering to attack by itself (if enemy unit comes into your unit`s acquisition range and ur unit attacks it automatically)

So i want to make an ability that will cast at the same time when a unit is GOING to attack. I hope I explained it clearly. Please forgive me for my pure english. :(

If you have any ideas, please, tell me!

Level 20
Youre basically looking for a way to detect if an ability is on auto-cast or not, which I dont know if its possible. (Maybe consider something like Immolation On/Off instead, which is detectable.)

Or a detectable auto-cast ability that will be cast even if the order is attack move or something similar, which I also dont know if its possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.