• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

----------->>>Unit attack when cast an ability<<<----------

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hi everyone, i am new here...
Can anyone tell me how to order a unit [Ranged Unit] to attack [NORMAl AttACK] in front of its facing angle when i cast a ability. The normal attack is mostly like a spell [example :-shockwave] that only can hit one enemy at the caster unit's facing angle when casted

Level 19
please...

1) Try to say at one font size for the duration of your text
2) Do not use the font size tool. If someone has an issue reading it, most browsers have a built-in zoom function
3) Refrain from putting anything other than your title in the subject box. (This is referring to your arrows pointing to your title, those are unnecessary)

To answer your question, its impossible to do that with Warcraft 3's game engine without a projectile system which will take some World Editor practice before you would be able to use them.

Level 3
How about this ?

Create a new custom ability based on shockwave. Give it lots of levels, depending on how high your attack damage can be in your map. Give it the visual of your unit's projectile, and say 1 damage per level. Then, using triggers, create a variable, and make it equal to your unit's attack damage. For an Agility hero with base damage of 5-7, assuming you haven't changed the gameplay constants, this would be

Set Var_Damage = Agility of Triggering Unit) + Random integer between 5 and 7 + [item damage stored into a variable that could update every second depending on hero's held items)
Set Var_Target = Position of Triggering unit offset by 100 towards (Facing of (Triggering Unit)) degrees
Create 1 Dummy Unit at Position of Triggering Unit
Set level of Shockwave to Var_Damage
Issue Last Created Unit to Orc Tauren Chieftain - Shockwave

Don't forget to set maximum damage of each level of your shockwave ability to it's actual damage so your "attack" doesn't hit multiple targets !

Hope this helps :)

Status
Not open for further replies.