• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to make a unit cast an ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Action is "Unit - Issue order with no Target."
  • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Night Elf Druid Of The Talon - Storm Crow Form

Level 5
i think. you edit the origin ability (as velm said) and use the trigger ordering the unit to cast the original ability. and if the unit has a replica/the original ability, it will activate. i have no idea what will happen if you try with 2 replicas/originals.

Level 5
well i am using that method in my map right now. so... try again? maybe you did something wrong.

go right back to basics, take a step at a time altering the ability, test the map frequently. and when it no longer does what you want it to, see what you did and maybe why it didn't like it.

and yer lol. avatar is kwl!! =D i wish they would hurry up with episode 314 =(

Level 19
Look at orderstring
order string is deathcoil for example
you order Undead Death Knight - Death Coil
Warning: Doesnt work for abilities dont have orderstring by default (like item wand of illusion)

Level 19
I think AI spell casting depends on orderstrings too
like you make an healing spell you give it healing wave id to make default AI cast it when it needs to cast heal
Im not sure about this anyway

Level 12
was this never solved then or what
seems pretty farting simple but i can't farting figure it out...WHAT THE FART?????
you'd think blizzshart would have added something as basic as "unit - order unit to cast <abilityhere>" like what the fart-fridge dude
You don’t need to change the original Ability... the Order use the Same OrderId

That means I do my own custom Holy Light and use the Unit oder to Unit cast Human Holy Light Even when my custom spells name is Badabum

For channel it’s a Bit More tricky it depends on the OrderID you Set it for example

You do your own Channel Ability then you need to know what the Spell should Target a unit or Point or even nothing...

Let’s say I want a Unit Order so I pick Holy Light as Order

So my Custom Channel Deals 100 Damage to the Target Unit

And I use as trigger

Unit issued order Unit Human Holy Light because I set in the editor fields the OrderId to Holy Light

But watch out you Don’t use 2 Times the Same OrderId on the Same Hero because if I give him now the Custom channel and the Custom Holy Light it will Prefere on of this everytime my trigger runs...

:)

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Also when using channel you need to make sure that the channel ability is set to the same target type as the orderid you choose for it. Making an instant cast channel ability using the Holy Light orderid will stop the AI and triggers from being able to cast the regular Holy Light ability and all abilities based on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.