• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Found a Bug?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
If you find any bugs? or would like to talk about something not running as smoothly as it should. Then post it here, with as much info and clarity as possible. Dont forget to post the version. Found a bug in a version thats older then current, Check the change log to see if its been fixed. Change Log

Known Bugs
The Rider cart doesn't stay on the track perfectly.
In Rider Cart In First person view flips for a moment when. (Z Angle 90 To Z Angle 105) And (Z Angle 255 To Z Angle 270).

Example:

Version: Alpha 2.6a
Bug/Issue # 1: The Rider cart doesn't stay on the track perfectly. I found that In Rider Cart In First person view flips for a moment when. (Z Angle 90 To Z Angle 105) And (Z Angle 255 To Z Angle 270).

Last edited:
Level 12
A replay would be helpful.

But it sounds like its not a bug. It sounds like you just need to angle your track up. You cant have track go into the ground. You would have to angle up sooner.

I hope this was helpful if not, please send me a replay or give more information.

Thanks.

Edit*

Sounds like you were upside down, but i cant be sure.

Last edited:
Level 1
Few bugs

I've studied the map a lot more on my free time, haven't had the chance to fully get into it yet however. I have noticed some bugs, if call it that you will..rather since this is unfinished a note to work on later. Okay..first, after tutorial, track is cleared and selection is canceled and you cannot make another track after the tutorial is over. I found this kinda lame, and most upsetting ;P... the construction building had no options after. Another note..this one is small, and can be addressed later...the cart, even going straight up will do a wierd flip on the track(I zoomed in to be sure of what was going on)...from backwards to forwards...I've seen this on the test track already made, on the simple loop. We'll get into it later, eh? ;) Jass is coming along nicely on my end. Talk to you soon.

Level 6
Your map has currently bad physics. Maybe its because it is alpha but anyways, you could easily fix this.
in your current triggers, the cart is accelerated faster, the more faster it is. Ofcourse this doesnt apply for real roller coasters.
Under the assumption, that your triggers assign a new speed when it hits a new track, you have to use the formular that i posted instead. If you want a derivation, i could post it too if youre interested. Anyways, its not 100% correct as i didnt consider friction, but that could be calculated, too.

• Rider Function; Physics
  • old:
    • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
      • 'IF'-Conditions
        • TrackAngleZ[HCartCT[PlayerNum]] (>=) 0.00
        • TrackAngleZ[HCartCT[PlayerNum]] (<=) 180.00
      • 'THEN'-Actions
        • Set CartSpeed[PlayerNum] = (CartSpeed[PlayerNum] + ((Abs((Sin(TrackAngleZ[HCartCT[PlayerNum]])))) x (SpeedChangeRate x (-1.00 x CartSpeed[PlayerNum]))))
      • 'ELSE'-Actions
        • Set CartSpeed[PlayerNum] = (CartSpeed[PlayerNum] + ((Abs((Sin(TrackAngleZ[HCartCT[PlayerNum]])))) x (SpeedChangeRate x (1.00 x CartSpeed[PlayerNum]))))
  • correct:
    • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
  • 'IF' Conditions
    • same
      • 'THEN'-Actions
        • Set CartSpeed[PlayerNum] = (Square root(((-7000.00 x (Abs((Sin(TrackAngleZ[HCartCT[PlayerNum]]))))) + (Power(CartSpeed[PlayerNum], 2.00)))))
      • 'ELSE'-Actions
        • Set CartSpeed[PlayerNum] = (Square root(((7000.00 x (Abs((Sin(TrackAngleZ[HCartCT[PlayerNum]]))))) + (Power(CartSpeed[PlayerNum], 2.00)))))
You may change the value (7000) if the cart is too slow or to fast;

Level 12
Darkhydralisk96

Okay..first, after tutorial, track is cleared and selection is canceled and you cannot make another track after the tutorial is over.
I Agree that is lame, ill test it on every players spot. I just mean alpha because i am still planing to add alot, but if there's a bug then ya that means I made a mistake. If i cant find it, the best thing you can do is send a replay.

Another note..this one is small, and can be addressed later...the cart, even going straight up will do a weird flip on the track(I zoomed in to be sure of what was going on)...from backwards to forwards...I've seen this on the test track already made, on the simple loop.

I know about this, Ill get on this soon, i hope to have this fixed in the next version or so, I have known about it for months but, its about time i fix that.

Jass is coming along nicely on my end.

Well cool, this is so far 100% all GUI. I figure ill need to add some for a leeks but if i understand right (not 100% sure) when i add and remove the tracks, because of the way i got it setup its not leaking, but ill need to check with a someone that knows for sure.

This Project can take all the help it can get, as i am not that knowledgeable and only have so much time on my hands. + Rep

risk_fan2

Your map has currently bad physics. Maybe its because it is alpha but anyways, you could easily fix this.

There are two reasons it is the way it is.
One i figured ill latter on make it so the carts can go faster, (I want to do other things before i get the carts going faster) and thought it would might mean rewritting some of it.
Second I figured this would give the best user experience and i don't know physics very well.

that your triggers assign a new speed when it hits a new track, you have to use the formula that i posted instead.

Sure , cant hurt to try it right? Ill Give it a shot, if i get it to work, and I feel it gives a better user experience then It will be in a the next update or so, but if the physics are better but the user experience is worse I wont add it. (I am pretty sure this will be better then what i got)

If you want a derivation, i could post it too if you're interested.
What does "Derivation" mean my vocab isn't the strongest.

You may change the value (7000) if the cart is too slow or to fast;

?? I mess with it. So far max speed is 0-522 (0-522 will be the speed range for the next 2 months or so). So is value 7000 = like gravity sorta?

*Edit

I Added Your Physics engine to roller coaster. Its Fantastic. It makes everything better, loops hills, and the fact that 0-522 is the only range of speed, it squeezes every feeling of a real coaster as possible.(at least physics wise) I added you to project group, Mr risk_fan2!+Rep

Last edited:
Level 6
Derivation means that i prove mathematicly what i stated. it would be a bit complicated to do so, so i just explain the value 7000 (thats the important factor):
the value is calculated this way: 2 x (lenght of track = 50) x (gravity = 70) = 7000
the gravity in real world is 9.81, but as warcraft III uses different length scales, i had to change the gravity. But you can find the right value for gravity by defining a speed in wc3 as real speed. Here:
250km/h [70m/s] = 500 speed in wc3
so 70m/s * 7 = 500 speed in wc3
so i have to multiply the gravity in real world also with the factor 7 in order to get a realistic gravity in wc3, that means: 9.81 * 7 = 70

ok tihs is not very easy to understand...
What i wanted to say is, that you only need to decide what speed your roller coaster trains in real world would have (for example, a wc3 train with 500 speed should be a real world train with 250km/h), then you know what value you have to put in.

with this you can also calculate the size of your rollercoaster, as with 70m/s = 500 wc3 speed, so 1 m = 7 in wc3 length
so when a rollercoaster is 1500 high --> that means 1500/7 = 214m

Level 6
ok in order to find the right value for gravity, you just need to find the scale of your roller coaster compared to the real world:
right now, one track is 49.75 long, right?
now you need to decide what that track size would be in the real world.
so what do you think? how long would be one of these tracks in the real world?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
I was playing an alpha version with 1)ark_NiTe and noticed some bugs.

Firstly the physics made little sense, but as I can see that probably has been fixed.
Secondly the shadows stacked when the track was raised vertically and overall look poor.
Thirdly the speed counter bugs in MP and shows the speed of other people as well as your own and affects everyone with speed showing enabled.
Fourthly the coaster model often switched around and turned around on the tracks when viewed from normal view.

For number 2, I advise removing all shadows from the track pieces and instead using a system to generate the shadows as ubersplats on the ground which takes into consideration the height of pieces when placing them. This would make a more realistic effect.

Number 3 is annoying, but purly needs you to separate each player's speedomenter readings and display them only to him.

Level 12
Firstly the physics made little sense, but as I can see that probably has been fixed.
Version 2.6 has a new physics engine.

For number 2, I advise removing all shadows from the track pieces and instead using a system to generate the shadows as ubersplats on the ground which takes into consideration the height of pieces when placing them. This would make a more realistic effect.

Hmm, using ubersplats are something new for me. Ill look into this but this is foreign to me ill have to try and find a tutorial for it or ask someone to help me on this part.

Thirdly the speed counter bugs in MP and shows the speed of other people as well as your own and affects everyone with speed showing enabled.
For Number 3, I believe this is now fixed.

Fourthly the coaster model often switched around and turned around on the tracks when viewed from normal view.
Fourthly, starting in version 2.6 from first person view the cart doesn't do that. It does however for a moment switch sides but then fixes it self when it gos from (Z Angle 90 To Z Angle 105) And (Z Angle 255 To Z Angle 270).
I have been trying to figure out why.. This should be fixed fairly soon.

Thanks Dr Super Good for the bug report. If you could post the version you noticed them in next time it would be very helpful.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
alpha 2.6

The physics system still seems a bit off, probably because it never drops below 100 when going up very steep hills or when going straight. Going straight should have a higher default speed than going up a steep incline.

Ubersplats are basically like ground textures used for buildings, however as the one anti maphack showed, they can be used to emulate shadows. Whats good is you can calculate each's position as the track is lied so you can even use a quite demanding system as you atmost lay 3 odd a second.

Well I hope the speed reading is fixed in 2.7, as it was not in 2.6.

As for the final bug, that was graphically with the coaster model when viewed from normal camera mode and not with the coaster rider camera.

Level 12
The physics system still seems a bit off, probably because it never drops below 100 when going up very steep hills or when going straight.

K The reason that you cant go below 100 speed is because i didn't want to have users have to deal with pulley tracks. So Basically when even you need a pull, you get pulled. Ya it makes it less realistic. But it lowers the learning curve considerably I think. Perhaps it should have a lower min speed. And/Or a sound when your being pulled.
(Note: If the speed function is working correctly, it should show case whats going on. But i think you were saying something about how it isn't.)

Going straight should have a higher default speed than going up a steep incline

Well, currently when you go straight you lose alot less speed per track then you do going up. (It should show when you click the show speed) If its working the way i think it is, it will speed up on down hills and slow down on up hills. So Going straight loses less speed per track then going up hill.

Ubersplats are basically like ground textures used for buildings, however as the one anti maphack showed, they can be used to emulate shadows. Whats good is you can calculate each's position as the track is lied so you can even use a quite demanding system as you almost lay 3 odd a second.

Thanks for the info. This is something that could make the game look a bit more realistic. But something like this will have to be held off till i get most of the game content in.

Well I hope the speed reading is fixed in 2.7, as it was not in 2.6.

Let me look into this. I don't fully understand what you mean. But ill see if i can figure it out.
MP?

Thanks for the Update on the bugs. Ill get right on it.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Let me look into this. I don't fully understand what you mean. But ill see if i can figure it out.
MP?

In multiplayer, when more than one person rides tracks at the same time, the speed display shows the speed of that person to everyone. If 2 people are riding and showing speed, it will show both of their speeds, but only one at a time and alternate very fast between them. This bug is with the display speed system not displaying and clearing only to the affected players but to all players.

Level 12
risk_fan2:

K i wont make any changes yet as you said you have made alot of changes to the physics engine and other updates. I am awaiting the map.

About what you just said...

Ah! I see Thanks. Thanks should do the trick.

Also ill change that I hadn't realized that. Man you must be doing some deep code digging to find that.

Dr Super Good:

In multiplayer, when more than one person rides tracks at the same time, the speed display shows the speed of that person to everyone. If 2 people are riding and showing speed, it will show both of their speeds, but only one at a time and alternate very fast between them. This bug is with the display speed system not displaying and clearing only to the affected players but to all players.

I very much understood that. Sorry I didn't get it before. Ill give it a test, see if i can recreate the problem. And then fix it. (Or ill just look for it in the code)

Also....

risk_fan2 is sending me a updated version of the physics, I still think at this point ill leave the min speed. But as i just got a post in another section saying...

Answer 3: I think there should be two options. Easy mode and Realistic mode. In realistic mode, the min speed is -1000, meaning you need enough speed to do a loop or "drive" over a large hill. And in the easy mode, it's just like it is now.

I agree with this guy, there should be two game modes. Standard and Realistic mode. In this mode, you will have to use pully tracks or ill start you real high up. and if you ever go to below 0 ms. You will either go backwards and go till you stop or your cart will stop and a few sec latter instantly end the ride. I hope that this will be a bit better to what you would like for the physics.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
You were doing it wrong. I forget exactly how to open a ride, but you have to firstly ride it yourself, then some button appearls letting you open it. Finally all he has to do is bring his rider to your circle of power and enjoy. Only one person may ride at a time.

Level 12
These is being delt with. I was gona relase a updated version a week or two ago. But i broke something and i am trying to fix it.

The way is suppose to work is this.

A.You finish your coaster.
B.It allows you to ride with out opening your coaster Or Open your coaster.
C.If you Ride it, then its more for testing, as its not open for anyone else to ride yet.
D.If you open your coaster everyone. And as soon as one gets on the cirle to get on the coaster, there is a 10 sec timmer and if the others get there in time they can ride it at once.

But i know i am having some large bugs in that area. So i am working on fixing it.

I have been pretty busy with the Microsoft imagine cup, and this girl is taking all my time. Just been pretty busy. Expect a update to have this and many other fixs at end of month.

Level 1
I don't know if any1 already said this but i found an annoying graphic bug.

When I'm riding the coaster and the degrees goes over 90 (straight up) the thing you ride in turns around 360 degrees and continues. It's very anniying because it happens in every loop.

Sorry for my bad way of explaining it, but it's very hard to explain.

Level 1
Found a huge bug!

If you close the coaster when people are riding it their heroes will dissapear!

Level 12
Ok New Version!

Version Alpha 2.7
*Fixed All Major Bugs, With Riding and building.
*Enhanced Rider Cart, To stay on Tracks (Flips Much less, but still some)
*Increased Min Speed by 100 MS, and Increased Start Speed by 50 MS.
*Smoother Rider Camera
*20%+ More Build-able Tracks
*Updated Physics Engine (added , G forces)

What bugs were Fixed?
*There was a Bug where the cart would get stuck as it left.
*There was a Bug where after a person went in a coaster some times it would crash another player
*There was a bug when you could close your coaster when they were riding and it would crash
*Player 3 was broke, at least at some point, and he was fixed.
*there was a bug where it would show or not show your speed to the wrong players. (I am 99% Sure...Hard to test, as i don't know what was going wrong, but haven't seen any issues here at this point.)
*There was a large Issue with the cart flipping. It Still Flips, but much less.

Current Bugs
Cart Flips.
Rider camera Isn't Perfect (Still pretty decent, I think).
Question Mark Isnt Complete and isn't fully tested.

Level 12
Well, Not sure. If you play the game 1 player, You shouldn't have in issue. And in my current build 2.7a one of the bugs is popping back up, but i made alot of changes to the code, so i don't know if that's my fault or i never quite fixed it. So i guess depends on how long you want to wait. Beta should be by end of summer. But I cant tell you when that will be for sure.

If you wait till beta, It should have (Should) No major bugs, Many more build able tracks or more players, finished mini games, a finished Question Mark, And The controls if there reworked will be done before beta.

Level 8
Ok. And about the summer thing, is that US summer, or Australian summer, or UK summer, or what?

Level 12
I am with you, But How can i say no every time i test it everyone crys about the speed. At some point i will lower the min speed a bit. The problem is i let someone else do the physics on the game, and its not working as it should. I need to be able to increase the gravity but its not working right. For the time being overall a better ride, But in the long run i hope to have bigger speed ups and a lower min speed then currently.

by end of September.

Level 12
Fix's Done For Version In 2.7d

Bugs

Removed Enemy Unit that comes out of Reds Coaster. (It caused no issues but it shouldn't have been there).

Fixed The Tracks from being able to go into them self's. Collision is 100% perfect now.

Player 3 Used to be able to build over hes gray tiles. But cant anymore.

When a player leaves there Rider will leave. And if a player isn't playing for someone like player 2. then players rider wont come.

If a Player Left and someone was riding hes coaster. After The ride, the coaster would be removed, but the coaster wouldn't be closed. Causing a bug if someone was duem enough to ride the empty coaster.

Looks

Player 7's tracks used to not make it to the building, but has been fixed.

Player Conflicts

There was a issue with people going on the circle to ride a coaster, before it got open, and then they wouldn't realize they had to walk on the circle after it opens, so they should walk on and off. But many never realized so its been changed so that cant happen.

A lot of the players could appear to trap players behind the exit zone by closing the gate. It was never a issue cause, they can walk though the gate, even when closed. But its been fixed so no one feels they have been trapped.

Additional

Players can now build 1014 tracks and it shows the amount of tracks they have as food. The max wont go past 300. So it doesn't show the max still. But the reason its 1014 is because players should be able to build 1000 tracks not counting the ones it auto builds if you finish. Other wise players cry, why cant i make 1000 tracks stopping 14 short is duem. but that's cause they don't realize. So this should help me with headache when testing and people always asking me that question.

Brought Back

The Question mark function is back, Its currently disabled for players 6-7 As it crash's with them, I know how to fix but dont want to change them for those players just yet. And people rarely play 6-7.

Last edited:
Level 12
More Fix's

If a player leaves, when riding someone elses coaster, they don't come back.

If a player is riding a someone elses coaster, and that person leaves during the ride, It wont crash now.

If a player is in the count down of someone elses coaster, and that person leaves during the ride, It wont crash now.

If a player closes there coaster when someone is riding it, it will tell them it cant be closed, in stead of trying to close.

twg

twg

Level 1
heres a bug i found
Version: RollerCoaster alpha 2.7d

Problem: I get in the coaster with 2 people and it doesnt move so i switched views and took screenshots but they wont let me show them lol iono why
I had 952 track pieces lol thats alot and my computer doesnt lag or crash at all.
It just switched views when we got on and did not do anything.

Please pm me back and tell me what went wrong:sad:

It was an awesome coaster too

Level 12
Apparently. i have some sorta multiplayer bug, as i never ever get it single player.

I have dug deep into the code months ago to fix this problem, renaming and changing a lot of variables, to isolate the problem. And for the most part the problem went away. But It still shows up about 5% of the time on multiplayer at most.

See, all the Chars share most functions, and I believe what happens is, Player 1 Calls A Function and it sets the triggers to work with player 1, and before if finishes its function (cause it was a wait in it),and that likely calls other functions, Player 2 calls a function and sets the triggers to work with player 2.

Basically Before Players 1's function calls are done or finishes its current trigger, player 2 messes up what player 1 is doing.

I have tried to Isolate the problem, and I have to a great deal, But I haven't done it enough, partly because i am working blindly on how function calls work in warcraft, and only have guesses.

Ill Keep Working at it. Sorry.

Level 10
Not sure if this was mentioned, or fixed in the latest version 2.8c (the recent update reminded me of it), but I managed to get a track to go through itself. One was going up 90 degrees, and the other was flat. Thought I would point this out (screen-shot in attachments)

Attachments

• Roller Coaster Glitch.png
    Roller Coaster Glitch.png
    641.5 KB · Views: 190
Status
Not open for further replies.