• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Forgotten natives

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
I wanted to find some natives that Blizzard forgot to declare in common.j and common.ai so I tried to do a
diff on the two files (see attachments) to see if I find something... And I did, but the natives were rather disappointing/useless :/

JASS:
native DebugBreak takes integer i returns nothing

native DialogSetAsync takes dialog d returns nothing

native SetStackedSound takes string s, real r1, real r2 returns nothing
native ClearStackedSound takes string s, real r1, real r2 returns nothing
native SetStackedSoundRect takes string s, rect r returns nothing
native ClearStackedSoundRect takes string s, rect r returns nothing

Maybe you can find something more exciting? =)

Attachments

• natives-from-files-sorted.txt
    23.3 KB · Views: 40
  • strings-sorted.txt
    261.9 KB · Views: 670
Level 13
rest functions do something but cant say what exactly

Someone should add this to the "patch wish list", i.e Blizzard should release some documentation about their natives...

PS: the only thing I like about GUI are the little "hints" at the bottom when an event/action is selected like:
"Only the first 64 destructables within the region when this event is registered are monitored for death. It is best to use this event for regions containing only a few destructables."

you can declare any native in any .j file you want, just make sure native exists in the engine. And engine been scanned more than 10 years ago, theres no useful secrets, tho.

Yes my whole point is that these existed in the engine without anyones knowledge. The thread is titled "Forgotten Natives", you know.

well its not really forgotten. like IsUnitInRange being rarely used for now reason, or Pow. As any script language, lack of proper manual make people to ignore/re-invent some funcs. Sometimes they get forgotten because of uselessness. Like, there's native "IsUnit" which literally compares one unit to another. IsUnit(u,u2). Whats the point if you have u==u2? no idea.

Except those are declared in the common.j? You really are missing the point.

As far as I know those two natives are one of their kind. Undefined natives that have pseudo-functions in Blizzard's JASS file. It's at least worth noting, simple as that.

and if it weren't for the fact that you have to overwrite the Blizzard.j to use them, they would actually be pretty useful. Unless of course you don't mind importing a blank script.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.