• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Forest of Honour

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Forest of Honour
Info:
Players: 1 vs 1
Gold mines:4
Taverns:1
Goblin Laboratories:2
Mercenary Camps: 2
Tileset:Lordaeron Summer
Playable area:96 x 61
Version:3

Map Desription: Fight in forest of Honour versus creeps and your enemy. For each player are 2 gold mines.

V3
*Map balancing
*Removed one empty space between Trees.

V2
*Fixed item drop now 1 item for unit.
*Removed empty space between Trees.
*Fixed map borders.
*Main gold mines gold amount increased from 12500 to 20000

197234-albums4226-picture40797.jpg

Keywords:
Forest Honour
Contents

Forest of Honour (Map)

Reviews
12:04, 27th Jan 2011 -Kobas-: Map Status: Rejected Broken Rules: / Comment
Level 9
just downloaded it
the layout seems good for a potential Melee map, Creeps are fine as I saw,
and Items drops also seem balanced.

What you can improve is
:fp:I see you've made more use of the Ashenvale Doodads but some of them do not give the impact the Lodearon ones do such as the rock, also considering that you might wanna use the sunken ruins mushrooms instead of the Ashenvale ones as they give a better look on this tileset
:fp:You've haven't put any doodads in the way/path there is much empty space
some Doodads are not properly placed, if you observe the south Western Gnool camp ,look at the big rock above it, the shrubs come out of it I don't think that gives a good impression.
:fp:Then we can move on to the East and West Central Creeps spot ( spider )
I see you've removed Boundaries but the end isn't giving a look as it's totally straight, maybe make it totally plain or make it somewhat curved.
:fp: more Trees are needed at start points, if you do play Melee there is something called IMBA BM, more trees will be needed to be able to wall of the base.
:fp: and lastly you might want to raise and lower the ground a bit in the path way as it looks very plain.

EDIT : drop item bug found the Golems of the spots may drop different items as one is set to lvl 3 and other lvl 4

so my rating is 2/5 until update

Moderation

Forest of Honour
Created by Marcin013 ; Uploaded by: Marcin013

MrStormyZ explained errors left to fix!
I would like to add few more!
-Ramps look horrible, use rise lower to edit them...
-Red Creeps drop only 1 item...
-There is no above lvl 6 drop, what about artifact...
Map status: Rejected

Broken Rules:
/
Thread Cleaned:
/