• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

Force of Nature

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Request: Custom Force of Nature
Reason: Non-Druidic Hero

//I have been messing around with abilities and Heroes. I recently tried to mess with the force of nature ability to work for the undead/blood elves, and it just wont work in game. I have changed the 'targets allowed' several times to several different ones, but each time I cast it, a message appears saying that I still must target a tree. I know that I could just modify Infernal ability, but I want to be able to target an object/character so that it would be like a sacrificing/empowerment ceremony. Any help concerning this matter is also appreciated.
~Councilor//

Level 13
From what I understand you want to make a Force of Nature that takes a unit and "converts" it to another one. I show how it can be "leveled", at level 1, it will change peasants to footman, at level 2 it will change footman to knights but have no effect on peasants. If you don't want it change per level, just set them all to the same. Let me know if this is not what you wanted/what should be different.

• Force of Nature Config
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • -------- How big of an AoE should be "picked" --------
      • Set FoN_PickAoE[1] = 350.00
      • Set FoN_PickAoE[2] = 600.00
      • -------- Conversion To --------
      • Set FoN_ConversionTo[1] = Footman
      • Set FoN_ConversionTo[2] = Knight
      • -------- Conversion From --------
      • Set FoN_ConversionFrom[1] = Peasant
      • Set FoN_ConversionFrom[2] = Footman
      • -------- What effect should be used when the unit is changed/made? --------
      • Set FoN_Effect = Objects\Spawnmodels\Human\HumanLargeDeathExplode\HumanLargeDeathExplode.mdl
  • Force of Nature Cast
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Sacrifice
    • Actions
      • Set TempUnit = (Triggering unit)
      • Set TempPlayer = (Triggering player)
      • Set TempLoc = (Target point of ability being cast)
      • Set TempInteger = (Level of Sacrifice for TempUnit)
      • Set TempGroup = (Units within FoN_PickAoE[TempInteger] of TempLoc)
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in TempGroup and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set TempUnit2 = (Picked unit)
          • Set TempLoc2 = (Position of TempUnit2)
          • Set TempReal = (Facing of TempUnit2)
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • (TempUnit2 is alive) Equal to True
              • (TempUnit2 belongs to an enemy of TempPlayer) Equal to False
              • (Unit-type of TempUnit2) Equal to FoN_ConversionFrom[TempInteger]
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Remove TempUnit2 from the game
              • Special Effect - Create a special effect at TempLoc2 using FoN_Effect
              • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
              • Unit - Create 1 FoN_ConversionTo[TempInteger] for TempPlayer at TempLoc2 facing TempReal degrees
            • Else - Actions
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempLoc2)
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_TempGroup)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempLoc)

Attachments

• Force of Nature.w3x
    20.8 KB · Views: 55

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Request: Custom Force of Nature
Reason: Non-Druidic Hero

//I have been messing around with abilities and Heroes. I recently tried to mess with the force of nature ability to work for the undead/blood elves, and it just wont work in game. I have changed the 'targets allowed' several times to several different ones, but each time I cast it, a message appears saying that I still must target a tree. I know that I could just modify Infernal ability, but I want to be able to target an object/character so that it would be like a sacrificing/empowerment ceremony. Any help concerning this matter is also appreciated.
~Councilor//
If you're trying to do this with triggers... You might as well just trigger the whole thing.

If you're trying to do this entirely inside the OE (Object Editor), you will have to realize that much of the difficulty of Warcraft 3 Modding comes from how many of the abilities & such are "hard-coded" meaning they are designed in such a way that modding them only works partially.

In this case, I can almost guarantee you that Force of Nature (and Sentinel, for that matter) is hard-coded to only target Trees. :< Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.