• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

For Dalaran!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dalaran! Yeah, this almost killed my computer but I came through with it. There are a few stuff I think I personally could have improved but that's how a lot of us are. :)

It is for the WT themed "Light" over at wc3c.

Enjoy:

Attachments

• Dalaran.jpg
    Dalaran.jpg
    791.6 KB · Views: 249
Level 36
I don't care much at all for the city. Or that hill there. Maybe it would be better if the camera didn't look down the road but just off a cliff or a hillside, that might create a better effect.

Also-- The atmosphere is very nice. The buildings... eh the arch things are very ugly, and the city I think needs some walls because you can see in between the buildings and it doesn't look like what I would imagine Dalaran to be, which is a city, it looks more like a bunch of towers in a field.

Level 34
I find the distancing poor. The city is massive compared to the town, and I just find the overall scaling... awkward.

Level 25
Those temples made out of arches should be finished up more and I think you should add a bunch more trees to make it look more like a forest than a tree patch around a road. Speaking of the road, I think you should use another tile for the road. Preferably dirt tiles for the road. Rough Dirt and Dirt are the two you should use mostly... maybe throw in some Grassy Dirt as well.

~Craka_J

Status
Not open for further replies.