• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Siege of Dalaran

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 28
Hello everybody!

This is an old map, and I thought it was something good, so I decided to post it here. But, it isn't all old, I've updated it these days because it wasn't finished.I hope you liked. Criticism and replies are welcome:thumbs_up:

The theme is "1 hour after the Siege of Dalaran"(as the title said).:grin:

---No Imported Models Were Used

[Edit]

The pictures were edited, you can see them at mine following posts.

Last edited:
Level 25
If those river rushes were tinted darker, it'd look a lot better. The first terrain is nice because of the hand-cuffs on the villagers.

The second on is nice because of the fog depth and I can see you were experimenting with that... good work.

The third is nice too. I like the black doodads against the blood red fog. The defiance of the shadows against the fog is very nice, but the white arches are too bright for the terrain and kind of ruin the overall look of the terrain.

Fourth one is cool. Could be better if the fog was denser and if there was more to see in the front of the picture. This one reminds me a lot of Scarlet Monastary. I do not know why.
~Craka_J

Level 28
Thanks for the replies!

Well, I fixed what you guys said, and here is my update:

[1] The same scene, but the fog is denser, and the river rushes are darker.

[2] The same scene, but I removed the white arches and fixed ruined arches, and I fixed some river rushes and stuff.

[3] The same scene, but it is from another window! It's just another view of the second picture.

[4] The night is falling on Dalaran...

[5]The night fell and it started to rain... Only few fire gusts still burning. Picture took from the roof of the palace.

[6]The dead Dalaran night.

---Still with no imported models!:thumbs_up:---

Attachments

• The Siege of Dalaran - I UPDATED.jpg
    The Siege of Dalaran - I UPDATED.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 787
  • The Siege of Dalaran - II UPDATED.jpg
    The Siege of Dalaran - II UPDATED.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 387
  • The Siege of Dalaran - III UPDATED.jpg
    The Siege of Dalaran - III UPDATED.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 538
  • The Siege of Dalaran - V.jpg
    The Siege of Dalaran - V.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 383
  • The Siege of Dalaran - VI.jpg
    The Siege of Dalaran - VI.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 352
  • The Siege of Dalaran - VII.jpg
    The Siege of Dalaran - VII.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 324
Level 25
Much better! Very good changes to the terrain.

I am not a big fan, though, of the blue fog and dark green sky. A black sky wouldn't go well either. Perhaps use a better sky which blends well with the fog, or change the fog to maybe a very dull dark green.
~Craka_J

Level 28
Much better! Very good changes to the terrain.

I am not a big fan, though, of the blue fog and dark green sky. A black sky wouldn't go well either. Perhaps use a better sky which blends well with the fog, or change the fog to maybe a very dull dark green.
~Craka_J

What sky do you suggest to use at night terrains?? I aways used Felwood Sky for normal terrains and Lordaeron Winter Pink Sky for Northrend/Icecrown terrains. It looks good when you use midnight lightning.

I don't know why the quality of this last update is so low... I think it is the site.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.