• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Footman

A *better* footman model. Mesh is scratchmade. Give credits.

Keywords:
Footman, knight, soldier
Contents

FootmanRevised (Model)

Reviews
[APPROVED] 20th Mar 2008 Nice footman mod, very useful and good poly count, fits right into the warcraft theme. Proportions and some animations were wonky, but that's alright. Overall a very good WC3 model. --donut3.5--

M

[APPROVED]
20th Mar 2008
Nice footman mod, very useful and good poly count, fits right into the warcraft theme. Proportions and some animations were wonky, but that's alright. Overall a very good WC3 model.
--donut3.5--

Level 21
As you have said, the animations are a bit screwed. The main issue, in my opinion, would be the anatomy and proportions. The helmet and shoulder pads are nice and broad, but then it makes a transition to a weakish, small chest and arms. That whole area seems like it needs to be bigger, because it's in high contrast to the shoulders and helmet. The knees are also a bit weird. You have a big indent where the knees would be. Just make them stick out. Also, the lion at his waste doesn't need to be extruded. That big bulge just looks awkward.

Level 8
I don't think this matches the "Made by HappyTauren" tag.The arms look way too thin when looking at the side of the model. The knuckle-guard looks somewhat strange but I think that it is just the way you want it. The heels are elongated too. And that TC thing at the top of his head (I don't know what it is called) doesn't look right. It should begin where it is beginning from but it should go about 3/4 the way down the back of the helm. And you should make the front part of the knees come out because it neither looks good nor does it fit the texture. And the absence of a face looks awful in the portrait. 3/5 :(

Level 12
Wow

Holy christ I love THW!!!

From the picture, the model looks f*cking awesome, although I haven't tried it out in wcIII yet, I might comment back later on it (although I'm not exactly a model-maker, so I wouldn't know what to comment on, besides looks)

Level 5
In my oppinion he looks... a bit... female. oO
I could need every footman-model out there.

Level 1
Good Work.

I like it, i will use it in my map.

Dont think that the standard Footmen Model will be good there.

Would be nice if there was some female Footmen Models. I mean that dont look like they wear a helmet from WoW and came from Baywatch. :xxd:

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 12
Took a look at it in Magos

The magaos editor gives a very convenient way of looking at models from all angles(and their anims)

I like it for the most part, cept the arms when you look at from the side are indented, makes them look very small and abnormal compared to the shoulders. I think it might actually look better with a small bulge at those points, rather than an indent

Level 5
Actually footmen have worn breast pieces like that, it doesn't really make them female. There are breast plates to ensure that your heart can't be harmed, and it is divided into two plates for flexibility of movement.

Well, but it makes him looking a bit female anyways. In my oppinion.
But I like it, though.

Level 5
Nice model like your others

I like how its looks but the animations are whack, and the sword looks a little small. But In any case, Auwsome model!:infl_thumbs_up:

Level 19
Elite Upgrade

Upgrade Footmans to Elite Swordsmen to imrpove their defence and damage by %20
Elite Swordsmen have "Steel Defend" ability which gives more change to reflect and more reduction from "Defend"

Level 12
Stretch the helmet out more, then stretch it a bit down and helmet is good, then make the body overall bigger, maybe a more advanced shoulder pads, bigger legs and arms and a little bit bigger body. Animations too