• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Footman Hero

I had some discussion with the @Sharkarsh if he is wiling to work with me on some model. So the Footman from the RoC cinematic came on my mind and we agreed to make him. He did the texture and I did the mesh. The animations are taken from @Tauer 's Anduin Lothar model. So give credits to all three of us if you use this model.

There is also a version with less TC attached as a bundle. If anyone wants a LQ version of the texture feel free to contact me and I'll send it to him.
Also thanks to my partner @Sharkarsh for the Preview image. :D
Update:
Fixed some clippings with the shield.
Update2:
Added new version with a more silver-ish armor.
Update3:
Added in game version.
Update4:
Added version with PrinceYaser's texture.

I highly suggest this great icon if you use this model: BTNFootmanHero , made by @Scias .
Previews
Contents

Footman Hero (Model)

Footman Hero - less TC (Model)

Footman Hero PY's texture (Model)

Footman in game textures (Model)

Footman Silver Armor (Model)

Reviews
General Frank
A very fine custom model. Works in-game, Good job.
Level 11
WOW! I absolutely love it! :razz::eekani:

A few things could be tweaked though, like the sword going through the shield in Defend stance (Stand Defend, Walk Defend...), and also the shield going through the left arm in stand animations.

That's all I can think of. This is a brilliant model, I'll definitly use it! Good job! :thumbs_up:

Deleted member 237964

D

Deleted member 237964

Footman models equals best models.

Level 39
This model is absolutely amaze-balls! I'm totally in love with it! Perfect mesh, amazing texture and the animations look great on him! Seriously, this stuff looks like something from Traggey, it's that good.

5/5, and I would love to see more collaborations from you two in the future!

Level 50
This model is absolutely amaze-balls! I'm totally in love with it! Perfect mesh, amazing texture and the animations look great on him! Seriously, this stuff looks like something from Traggey, it's that good.

5/5, and I would love to see more collaborations from you two in the future!
Thanks a lot!
I already said to 'my partner' I'd like to cooperate with him every time he wants. Even now I'd start new model using his texture. :D

Level 22
Great model. I like just about everything about it from texturing to the animations (my favorite are attack animations especially Attack Slam).
Some things I'd consider touching up are the cloak, feels like it bounces a bit too much to sides while walking and I think the texture would look better without the highlight, also I didn't really like how he's holding the shield in the Defend animation, his stance in Stand-Ready might be better for Defend.

5/5, looking forward to more models from you guys!

Level 7
Personally I'd remove the Lordaeron logo from the shield so the unit can be used to represent any of the human kingdoms, but apart from that 9.5/10 man!

Level 17
i ... i mean ...

this footman hero model is beyond "good/great" holy crab man, just holy crab. if you could update the texture of its shield a bit it would be nice it looks a bit blur.

but yeah this model is just epic. sword in right hand god just yes check, awesome animations check 7/5 for me.

Level 4
I don't want to ruin it, don't get me wrong Stefan, your work is just f****n' amazing and the quality of your content is beyond expectations.
I just want to say that when using a shield, one should not expose themselves when delivering a blow, Skallagrim greatly explains it in short here:

Level 18
I don't want to ruin it, don't get me wrong Stefan, your work is just f****n' amazing and the quality of your content is beyond expectations.
I just want to say that when using a shield, one should not expose themselves when delivering a blow, Skallagrim greatly explains it in short here:

hey you watch skallagrim, cool
back to the topic... first of all, the one you should advice is tauer because that animation is his because he just done the modelling
its like telling someone that edit the direfury model to rework the animation. like i said, the one you should advice is tauer not him

Level 4
hey you watch skallagrim, cool
back to the topic... first of all, the one you should advice is tauer because that animation is his because he just done the modelling
its like telling someone that edit the direfury model to rework the animation. like i said, the one you should advice is tauer not him

Oh, was not aware of that. Thanks for correcting me and apologies to the author for disturbing!
@Edit: could have red description more attentively.

Last edited:
Level 10
alliance bias.. i like it! >:D
can you make a version with one with the stormwind shield??