• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Follow user

Status
Not open for further replies.
My apologies if this has been suggested before.

I have for some time now been thinking it would be nice if it was possible to, sorta, follow a user. Not befriend, but follow, as in receiving notifications when this user uploads new resources to the site.
I know I can just check a section and see if something new has been uploaded, so call the suggestion a "quality of life" implementation.

Optional.
I guess, if this is possible, that it could be broadened to follow a user completely (if anyone actually wants to do that). Threads started, posts posted, resources uploaded. Perhaps some form for options for following a user could control how a user is followed. Following that train of thought, a user could also check a box to allow/disallow followers.

I know this is very Twitter-like. And personally I couldn't care less about actually following a user, I would just like to see the resource upload notifications.

Roland

R

Roland

I think when you Stalk/Follow is againts to privacy, but I kinda agree, But I just kinda don't like Facebook style stalking.

Level 34
Yeah, going to a users recent posts takes so long. I can stalk flad... users much easier this way.

Level 37
o! I thought the exact opposite. I thought of a latest resource updates to your wall or so. I started to read the post and got lost in the middle i guess. haha. feeling so weird. dont know what else to say. :)

Mods are lazy today. You should be banned already. Hmm.

Yeah, going to a users recent posts takes so long. I can stalk flad... users much easier this way.

Another one to the ban list.

Do this and I'll stalk everyone.

We must not let this guy stalk too much or there might be great consequences.

Wait a minute so an idea to "follow users" gets a positive feedback (despite the fact I can see a few problems with it) compared to my idea where you can see how many people have looked at the pictures in your album because (I'm paraphrasing) "We don't want the site to be any more like facebook than it already is."

I'm sorry but there seems to be a weird double standard on this site.

You folks seem to focus on the last part of the post. That was, however, only optional and personally (as I stated in the OP) I couldn't care less about a "stalker" feature. The point was to get notifications when your favorite artist(s) upload new material.

I can't see how that can be seen as a stalking feature.

And really. Some of you who post are stalking without such a feature anyway ^^

Rui

Rui

Level 41
(...) because (I'm paraphrasing) "We don't want the site to be any more like facebook than it already is."

I'm sorry but there seems to be a weird double standard on this site.
Hence what I said. I knew that argument had been brought up at some point.

Rheiko said:
I've seen such feature implemented in forums at Rpdom (...)
Yeah, we don't care about that one D;

Status
Not open for further replies.