• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Fly height error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I'm attempting to instantly change the flying height of a dummy unit. However, when I do something similar to this:
  • Animation - Change GrenadeRun_dummy flying height to ((GrenadeRun_peak x (Sin((GrenadeRun_x x GrenadeRun_frequency)))) + Grenade_INITIAL_HEIGHT) at 0.00
I get nothing. The fly height winds up being 0. Any value I put in what to change the height to still gives me 0, so the following does the same thing:
  • Animation - Change GrenadeRun_dummy flying height to 45 at 0.00
What am I doing wrong? I had this right at one point in time...

You can also add the storm crow ability to the unit and it will be able to fly.
  • Unit - Add Storm Crow Form to <Unit>
  • Unit - Remove Storm Crow From from <Unit>
Eh, I don't remember the exact functions but it should like that. Unit - Add/Remove Ability. Raven form also does this. :)

Or you can simply set the movement to fly as well, either one works.

Level 4
Go to the object editor, check if "Movement Type" (or something) is set to "Fly" (usually it's set to "Foot" or something).
Only flying units can increase their flying height (one of the WE's limitations actually).

You can also add the storm crow ability to the unit and it will be able to fly.
  • Unit - Add Storm Crow Form to <Unit>
  • Unit - Remove Storm Crow From from <Unit>
Eh, I don't remember the exact functions but it should like that. Unit - Add/Remove Ability. Raven form also does this. :)

Or you can simply set the movement to fly as well, either one works.

Great core idea, except yeah, it's a flying unit already :(

Edit: And it magically starts working again -.-

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.