• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Unit Flying Height Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I am creating a trigger to test flying heights but i have an issue, the target unit completely refuses to change Height, heres the trigger

• Beauxabatons Carriage
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing -Height as An exact match
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Animation - Change Hippogryph 0034 <gen> flying height to 0.00 at 2.00
This only appears to work if I make both the height and rate at 0, but i need the unit to change height over time. any help would be appreciated

Just in case you are wondering, im starting to create a Cinematic scene for one of my map and trying to make an epic landing effect (like the one with the carriage)

Level 3
Resolved

Thank you very much, that worked, i tried to put the rate at 1000 and it didnt go instantly but at a speed, and it was obvious it moved rather than teleported, which is what I wanted

However there is one thing I dont understand, it appears the lower the RATE is, the slower the height change occurs, but if the value is at 0, its instant..How is that? and why?

Level 3
Cinematic Scene made possible!

Thank you ghostwolf for helping me with the problem, before the cinematic actually begins, theres a 5 second pause in which some information is displayed which includes the credits to the cinematic alone and I have given you credit, If you wish to have your Real War3 Username to replace what is there currently you have to tell me your username and what gateway you play on

I have included a Download link for you to see if you wish.

Thanks for your help

Attachments

• The Triwizard Tournamentv1.16b.w3x
    1.5 MB · Views: 42
Status
Not open for further replies.