• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Floating Text System

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 37
Hey.

I made a pretty simple system about when clicking units they give some floating texts. The system however bugs:

• Doesn't show floating texts
  • Starts to lag after 10 seconds

Also I think the system isn't that effective and it might give lag if a map have like hundreds of units(some chapters of the campaign I'm making have).

So I would like you to take a look, make it better, effective, less lag, anything.

Rep + credits will be given as a reward.

Attachments

• FLOATING TEXT SYSTEM.w3x
    19.1 KB · Views: 97
Level 37
To me it seems you're adding the events to a wrong trigger.

There's also a leak, do like this:
  • FloatingText CLICK
    • Set TempLoc = (Position of (Triggering unit))
    • Set TempLoc2 = (TempLoc offset by 150.00 towards 160.00 degrees)
    • ----
    • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempLoc)
    • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempLoc2)
    • Else - Actions

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Nothing that uses GUI can be awesome...

It wastes just too much time and prevents you from accessing even the more rudimentary features.

The above leak could be avoided completly in JASS by using X and Y cordinates directly. Instead GUI makes a location, turns it to X and Y then makes a new location from it resulting in both having to be removed.

Status
Not open for further replies.