• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Flappy Bird v1.0.6

235220-albums7131-picture80354.jpg
V1.0.6

Menu​
  • A. Description
  • B. Gameplay
  • C. Features
  • D. Screenies
  • E. Tutorials
  • F. Changelogs
  • G. Credits
  • H. Announcements
235220-albums7131-picture80356.jpg

Flappy bird is a famous mobile mini-game created by Dong Nguyen. And now it comes in 3D version in warcraft style. With some additional fascinating features that would give more fun and also challenge as well. Every feature will be completely explained in the next part.
235220-albums7131-picture80358.jpg

The gameplay is about keeping your bird flies without crash anything (pipes, grounds, or ceilings). There is primary and also secondary objectives here. The primary objective is to record as high score as you can. And there are some secondary objectives. In this game there is additional features named Bird Shop (where you can purchase different bird specieses there) and Achievements. These two features will challenge you to collect all bird specieses and completing all the achievements as well. But I can't guarantee that you can earn anything by completing the game. This is just for fun. There also another challenging feature named school training. Here you need to improve your skill to complete these levels. After you passed all the levels you can unlock the final exam which is more challenging than normal mode. After completing the final exam, a hidden quest will be appeared for you, it's a secret challenge. You can prove yourself as the master if you beat the level.
235220-albums7131-picture80357.jpg

235220-albums7131-picture80369.jpg

Survival Mode (Normal Mode) is very basic and the only place you can earn some cash. Each time you restart or begin the game, the level will be randomized. The difficulty level in this mode is medium.
235220-albums7131-picture80365.jpg

Training School is actually more like some challenges for you to test your skills. The levels are more static. Not really randomized on each play. But some of them will get you headbanged. Beside it's hard to be completed, you also need to pay some cash as tax for one performance. If you are out of cash, you can earn it on survival mode first.
235220-albums7131-picture80367.jpg

This room sells a lot specieses of birds you can play with. There are some prices to be paid to unlock them one by one. You might be challenged to collect them all, as well as unlocking the most expensive one. Initially, you will unlock two free specieses.
235220-albums7131-picture80366.jpg

This game also supports high-score saving (max of 10 scores). You may reset it anytime you want. Use this feature as challenge to beat your own score.
235220-albums7131-picture80368.jpg

Just an addition. To bring more Mini-Game feelings to it. But it could also be useful to memorize some datas so you can unlock achievements more easily.
235220-albums7131-picture80363.jpg

The real challenge is here. If you like a challenge, try to beat them all. If not, go off and just play dota. Ah, no, it's just a taunt. :p The game is for fun only, no need to beat the game, because I admit that the achievements/challenges are so damn hard.
235220-albums7131-picture80364.jpg

Nah! Here we come, the special feature in this game. What does it do? It allows you to create your own wonderful level and play with it. Not so cool, not so perfect, but works nicely and... what? I think it's cool enough. Thought to add nudge and scale up tools in the editor but it ain't easy. Just enjoy the current version.
235220-albums7131-picture80370.jpg

Here I will talk about what system is actually working behind the scenes. Okay, the first system is currency system. As you know, the income rate is never be the same on each play, it's not randomized ye know? I applied a currency system which change the income rate in every specific time (secret). If you have checked the achievement menus. You can find button named " Pure LucK " because you truly need a pure luck to achieve this. You have only 1/5000+ chance to achieve this. Sounds crazy? No. You can unlock other achievements first which increase your income rate bonus (the bonus is constant). So you have a bigger chance to achieve it. Erm, what else? Other systems are not very special. The game itself is totally coded in JASS. The gameplay is so simple but many complicated system runs behind it, which if I use GUI, it's impossible to make it works as nice as the current state.
235220-albums7131-picture80361.jpg

Click to enlarge
235220-albums7131-picture80362.jpg

235220-albums7131-picture80359.jpg

v1.0.0- Polished gameplay, speed reducted, fall down animation reducted, training school requirements reducted, and more reasonable achievements.
- Achievements have reward
- Crash fixed
- The game is unhackable
- Glitches at editor tool fixed
- New birds (unknown species)
- Fixed endless custom level and training school which causes fatal error
- I'm sorry to use new game cache so your previous saves will be lost. Promise it will never happens again. I recommend you to delete your username and recreate it so all previous game cache will be deleted too..

v1.0.1- Super smooth gameplay
- 100% playable
- final update if there is no more bug reports, will be no more additions and improvements. Enjoy the game!

v1.0.2- Epic bug at custom level fixed
- Now everything is preloaded
- Everything saved when the game ends so it will not disturb the gameplay. Enjoy..

v1.0.3- Preloads fixed
v1.0.4- Fixed minor bug at training school
v1.0.5- Some fixes at editor tools
- Some balancings

v1.0.5- Fixed minor bug at training school
v1.0.6- Everything is easier now
- This game is open source from now
235220-albums7131-picture80355.jpg

- BorgCube by Elunes-Guardian
- LostTribe UI by Spellbound
- LoadingScreen tutorial by Sopho
- pipe by doom_legion
- most icons I got from google.com
- And all reviewers..
235220-albums7131-picture80360.jpg

Hall of Fame is now open!

Keywords:
flappy, bird, 3d, wc3
Contents

Flappy Bird v1.0.6 (Map)

Reviews
22:24, 24th Feb 2014 Hell_Master: Map approved with a rating of 4/5 (Recommended). See moderator's review for more information: Hell_Master: Updated rating and I am glad to give this a rating of 5/5 (Highly Recommended)
Level 7
I'm not sure what is causing the problem. If the code is the problem, it should give an error message but it didn't.. :<

Level 7
My quality is already high. :3 Yes, I'm using Windows 7 :p O yea, one thing so say also, people facing the infinite loading/ loading stopped is the same of the mine closing for no reason when I tried using both original WC3 and JNGP WC3 :<

Prolly Windows problem eh?

Level 30
My last bet would be trying out higher game resolutions or trying out the different game resolutions availabe in Warcraft othetwise, the problem could be in the Warcraft itself. We vannot say its the game for some can still play it.

Level 30
Played the map again and I must say, this improved a lot. The jump and falling animation is much more smoother and neater. I've got to take back my word about the bird shop featuring even dragons. I do think that seems fine and it further extends the game's uniqueness.

And because of that, I am gladly raising my rating to 5/5 (Highly Recommended) for this map.

Level 2
I played this map, great map I like it.
Here are a few suggestions from me:
Sometimes the pipes are way too close to eachother, and it gets very very hard to jump through it. I suggest to keep more space between the pipes.

It would be great if you could add multiplayer functionality I would like to play this map with my friends too and have fun. Here is an example of how it could be done: flapmmo.com

Overall: great map, and impressive that you managed to make flappy bird for WC3

Kazeon

Hosted Project: EC
Level 33
here is some new replays
*requires last version placed at Maps>Scenario
I'm sorry 44.w3g is broken because of stupid warcraft 3 replay saving system. it's a very good replay actually.
so here is the ss
attachment.php

Finally I have passed accuracy training :grin: spending ~$200 money
attachment.php

and here is the novice training
attachment.php

Attachments

• 44.w3g
    21.3 KB · Views: 226
  • 27.w3g
    4.2 KB · Views: 233
  • 25.w3g
    5.9 KB · Views: 211
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    183.2 KB · Views: 241
  • b.jpg
    b.jpg
    195.9 KB · Views: 258
  • c.jpg
    c.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 210
Last edited:
Level 4
Dno haven't been playing wc3 much last month or two but... can you make 2nd player slot so it can be hosted on bnet? Cuzz ghost++ ends game in five minutes; you cant host it yourself cuzz "NO ENEMIES FOUND".
PS. Chill, map is marvelous and i was excited when first time saw it. Very nice mechanics, very good ideas, and, of course, generator is awesome. The thing why its not rated all fives - its not dota-like and its not like BNet games(means when you press autosearch with alt+Q).

Level 4
this is mini-game which is intended for single player mode, can you explain why you should play it on bnet? :) thnks

+
1. i dont need to write a dozen of programms that knock me if my favourite game or my friend came up.
2. i can invite a friend to look at my skillz
3. some latency-reducing programs work only when you host on bnet.

-
im afraid its not that easy to implement as in simple melee map. so you may just waste no time for implementing almost worthless feature so you can just skip this post and i wont be offended ;)

Btw. is it possible to make results swaying in the network? :X

Kazeon

Hosted Project: EC
Level 33
I'm not even sure you can play it with another player since the editor itself made only for one player but
Btw. is it possible to make results swaying in the network? :X
it's possible if the game is multiplayer :) but it's not

2. i can invite a friend to look at my skillz
how?

Level 6
reminds of of fapping bird lol heres a 5/5 rating for making the flappy bird and heres a rep

Level 6

oh sorry i was losing connection

and to tell the truth i reach 80 yes i know its impossible but i have no Screenshots and Video i was not expecting that will happen (overall in the original game i reach 249)

Last edited: