• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Flaming arrows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
I have the model of arrow with a flaming particle that I could use as a projectile. I need a ability that is auto-active. When a player clicks the ability "Flaming Arrows" the projectile of normal arrows turns to a flaming arrow. How can I do that? I have seen no trigger or ability tooltip that can change the model of my projectile by clicking a ability.

Level 7
Hmm try this :
Events : Unit a unit is attacked
Conditions : Attacked unit has Flaming arrows buff
Actions : Set mana of attacked unit to mana of attacked unit - 20 or the number u want.

OR
Events : Unit - A unit is attacked
Conditions : Wait until attacked until has buff flaming arrows,checking every 1 seconds
Actions : Set mana of attacked unit to mana of attacked unit - 20 or the number u want.

Level 14
it matters for missiles because the effect happens before the arrow hits

it can also be abused by spamming "stop" which causes the effect to proc much faster than attack speed

And that's why I suggested the GUI Damage Engine, which enables you to check wether a unit is actually "hit" instead of being "attacked".

Status
Not open for further replies.