• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

projectile explotion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I want to make a projectile that once it hits a target and explosion will appear.

ex: projectile art - arrow, once the arrow hits that target a flame strike will appear on the unit or ground. How can you do that? If it needs a trigger pls tell me, i prefer triggers in (gui)

Level 4
Be more specific. Its spell castable or passive?

If its castable:
I preffer that you use Storm Bolt with ballista projectile...
Event:
Unit-Starts an effect of ability
Condition
ability being cast <your spell>
Actions
Create 1 dummy at possition of tager unit of ability cast
Add exipiration timer 1.5 sec
add flamestrike to last created unit
Set level of Flamestrike to level <your spell>of Triggering unit
Order last created unit to (dont't have WE opened..) Human Bloodmage-flamestrike at position of target unit of ability being cast

Level 4
Hmm then use item ability Item fire attack bonus.. Edits damage to zero and other stuff( AoE of splash i think).. Then set projectile art <your desired arrow>
and art-target use the flamestrike...

Remove icons, then add ability to your unit under Abilities-Normal.

This should work.

Level 4
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit Is attacked
  • Conditions
    • (Unit-type of (Attacking unit)) Equal to <YOUR UNIT>
  • Actions
    • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the chest of (Attacked unit) using Abilities\Spells\Human\FlameStrike\FlameStrike1.mdl
that works 100%...

Level 15
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit Is attacked
  • Conditions
    • (Unit-type of (Attacking unit)) Equal to <YOUR UNIT>
  • Actions
    • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the chest of (Attacked unit) using Abilities\Spells\Human\FlameStrike\FlameStrike1.mdl
that works 100%...

Thats not the time the unit is hit by the projectile !
Maybe try it with the Orc ability Fire Rock (the one of the catapults ) and change the effects , i guess this would work too

Status
Not open for further replies.