• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Help with attack animations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hi everyone, Ive been a lurker for a while but Im now starting to mod some maps just for fun, Ive been trying to create a siege unit that shoots flaming arrows that explode on hit, I have run into 2 issues.

1.- Is there a way I can make an effect on projectile hit that is not native to the projectile itself? Literally flaming arrow, reaches target, BOOM.
2.- Is there a way I can make the unit use its spell1 animation for auto attacks instead of regular attack?

Im currently only using wc3edit, too much of a smoothbrain yet to use another program, perhaps there is something on object values or abilites that I can use that i havent seen?

Any help is greatly appreciated

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 63
1: Damage engine + triggers can do this. Alternatively, you may be able to use the Disease Cloud ability which generates a unit upon hitting an enemy. However, I'm not 100% sure if that's how it even works. But the idea would be that the unit generated would be your BOOM effect.

2: Edit the model in one of the many modeling programs out there and swap the animation names.

Status
Not open for further replies.