• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Fissure Spell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
  • Fissure
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Fissure
    • Actions
      • Set Fissure_Caster = (Casting unit)
      • Set Fissure_Level = (Level of Fissure for (Casting unit))
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Current order of (Triggering unit)) Equal to (Order(stomp))
        • Then - Actions
          • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 1, do (Actions)
            • Loop - Actions
              • Unit - Create 1 Fissure for (Owner of Fissure_Caster) at ((Position of (Casting unit)) offset by (Random real number between -500.00 and 500.00) towards (Random real number between -500.00 and 500.00) degrees) facing Default building facing degrees
              • Set Fissure = (Last created unit)
              • Unit - Cause Fissure to damage circular area after 0.00 seconds of radius 300.00 at (Position of Fissure), dealing (100.00 x (Real(Fissure_Level))) damage of attack type Chaos and damage type Normal
              • Unit - Add a 0.50 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
        • Else - Actions
          • Skip remaining actions
      • Wait 0.10 seconds
      • Trigger - Run (This trigger) (ignoring conditions)
The whole spell works good, but when i use it, i get the damage too, i want it to only damage the enemy:confused:It's based on warstomp. Please help!

Last edited:
Level 12
When you already use "Fissure" dummy unit, you should let it cast some spell, and not damage area (you should avoid "damage area", i don't exactly remember why, think it can desync or something...). So create a some AoE spell without effect, give it to the Fissure unit and order the unit to cast it, instead of damaging area.

Level 37
"Damage circular area" does just that, it damages everything inside the radius, including doodads.

You can create unit group, pick every enemy unit that is alive within some range of the position of the fissure.

You are leaking a lot of locations, make sure you read "things that leak" thread.

Level 9
  • Fissure
    • Unit - Cause Fissure to damage circular area after 0.00 seconds of radius 300.00 at (Position of Fissure), dealing (100.00 x (Real(Fissure_Level))) damage of attack type Chaos and damage type Normal

That's your problem.
I suggest you make a unit group that are within 300 of the caster.
Also pick all units that belongs to a enemy of the caster.

If I explained bad, PM me and I'll fix the trigger for you!

Level 37
  • Untitled Trigger 072
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set Temp_Loc_1 = (Position of (Triggering unit))
      • Set Temp_Group_1 = (Units within 300.00 of Temp_Loc_1 matching ((((Owner of (Matching unit)) is an enemy of (Owner of (Triggering unit))) Equal to True) and (((Matching unit) is alive) Equal to True)))
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in Temp_Group_1 and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage (Picked unit), dealing 500.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_Temp_Group_1)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Temp_Loc_1)

Level 6
Can you guys help me too? I have the same problem, I don't want to post a same thread so I found this. The Damage Target function works but what I need is the damage time, the one with 3.00 seconds on it, in the Damage Area function. My trigger is posted below. The caster gets damage as well. If somebody can help, I'd be glad to give rep and while you try to find a solution, I'll work on this still and share my findings, if I found one.. Thanks :grin:

• Events
    • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
  • Conditions
    • And - All (Conditions) are true
      • Conditions
        • (Ability being cast) Equal to RSlam
        • (Level of RSlam for (Casting unit)) Greater than 0
  • Actions
    • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 1000.00 of (Position of (Casting unit)) matching (((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of (Casting unit))) Equal to True)) and do (Actions)
    • Loop - Actions
      • Unit - Cause (Casting unit) to damage circular area after 3.00 seconds of radius 1000.00 at (Position of (Casting unit)), dealing 1000.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal

Status
Not open for further replies.