1. Are you planning to upload your awesome spell or system to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Weave light to take you to your highest hopes - the 6th Special Effect Contest is here!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Lead your forces to battle in the 15th Techtree Contest. The call is yours, commander!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

FirstPerson Movement

Submitted by VIRUS_OF_MADNESS
This bundle is marked as substandard. It may contain bugs, not perform optimally or otherwise be in violation of the submission rules.
<span style="color:#FF0000">>>> UPDATED <<<</span>
This system can be used to make units walk in first person games. Now you area able to turn while moving, look around and more..
Contents

FirstPerson Movement (Map)

Reviews
15:57, 8th Oct 2009 TriggerHappy187: This leaks a lot and is buggy. Needs some fixing.
  1. Battle Modler

Battle Modler

Resources:
    Resources:
    redownloaded it but this time it was different. First i did a normal test on your map and it worked but then i added soem passive and enemy units and even without saving i tested it but this poped up.

the error this time was Line 1724:Expected a name
    plus this was highlighted

call SetCameraFieldForPlayer( GetOwningPlayer(udg_MovingUnit[GetForLoopIndexA()]), Error, ( GetUnitFlyHeight(udg_MovingUnit[GetForLoopIndexA()]) + udg_Camera_Height[GetForLoopIndexA()] ), 0.01 )

2. VIRUS_OF_MADNESS

VIRUS_OF_MADNESS

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    So what you are saying is that when you begin the "Walking Mode" the camera automatically resets? Well I made it on purpose so if people want to change the camera view, but I will make a button that resets the camera.

Good idea I will put this in! :D

Battle Modler, this is the part of a trigger that sets how high the camera is, I will look and see what might have caused the error, also, when does this error occur, when you press "Test", when you save...

3. VIRUS_OF_MADNESS

VIRUS_OF_MADNESS

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    UPDATED
    I've added camera reset and also when you press Esc you face the unit attacking you (Couldn't make it a Spacebar). Suggestions of Shougun. :D :D :D

4. Battle Modler

Battle Modler

Resources:
    Resources:
    still have the error Line 2039: expected a name

underlined this time

call SetCameraFieldForPlayer( GetOwningPlayer(udg_MovingUnit[GetForLoopIndexA()]), Error, ( GetUnitFlyHeight(udg_MovingUnit[GetForLoopIndexA()]) + udg_Camera_Height[GetForLoopIndexA()] ), 0.01 )

5. Battle Modler

Battle Modler

Resources:
    Resources:
    to let you know what happened now was i put a netural Pandaran or whatever and tested it without save but when it got up to varriations, it was moving back and forth and then the error showed up plus WC3 didn't play it.

6. Shougun

Shougun

Resources:
    Resources:
    /I would try to help u on the code but i dont know how to do that yet.\
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    |(downloading updated system now)|
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Edit: Very nice! Hehe nice camera set up i didnt see the back of to many houses even when i tried to =D i like that (last time i didnt "try" to see how bad it can get, and it dosent get that bad =D i would have to say 5/5 for every where but the bridge. You kinda lose your self "right" before you get off all the way on the bridge. Although the reason (i think) is because you have a drop on ur bridge lol if you use WEU and use height and raise the ground up to the edges of both sides of the bridge it should fix it a "bit". Or move the cliff out a little bit on both sides so the bridge rests more in the water then on the sides of the cliffs.
    /-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------By the way your terrain is pretty nice.
    -But could u make ur map a little bit bigger (in map discrption) for your system so maybe you could add | some rolling plain and lil forest so people can see how it looks in diffrent areas (maybe in the forest | you might want to stick a region in it that makes your camera ether get closer to your guys head or above| higher so you dont see the back of every tree, and in the plains too if you make it really "roll" lol.)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Flying Camera:this is random but after your done with this system, i would think it would be intresting to make a flying camera system where the camerea is attached to the unit like in your system but instead its flying. But with clouds ^^ must have clouds =D lol, and making the camera sway up and down
    like in real flying that would be cool.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Overall:**Raiting:5/5**

:D :D :!:

btw. when people say save they mean like Blizzard save not like trigger/system save right?
    Blizzard save= In the game menu
    Trigger/Sytem save= -save then -load 2343213421343214321 extra extra :lol:

7. VIRUS_OF_MADNESS

VIRUS_OF_MADNESS

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Ok, people for the last time. I know that camera is too high in begining and the end of the bridge. As I already mentioned like 20 times just make 3 regions. One in the begining, one in the middle and one at the end. Set up the heights and the distance to target as it suits you. I made it just one Region so people will get the idea.

I am not quite sure what you mean. When you apply the camera height and select the Flying unit, the camera will be as high as flying unit+the height you set up for your map, so yes it can be used for flying already.
    Note: When you use flying unit you don't need to set up all the regions above high areas like above the bridge for walking units.

And Battle Modler, sry but I ceriousley don't know what can be the problem. did you try to save without puting the neutral unit in?

8. Shougun

Shougun

Resources:
    Resources:
    I wasnt saying the camera was wrong i was saying that your terrain is wrong, the bridge is to0 high and that you could fix it by ether, rasing the dirt on both sides or moving the cliffs out so you dont a bridge that is on "top" of 2 cliffs.
    ------------------------------------------------------
    I was talking about a flying movment system where you can fly up and down while being able to fly forwards or backwards /sideways. ^^ sense you already have the camera all you would need to do is make a niffty trigger for flying.

9. Alvatar

Alvatar

Resources:
    Resources:
    This is EXACTLY what I need, but only think I see wrong is that interface. Why are you using abilities? If someone (I for example:) ) wants to use it he must remake it.
    Next time use dialogue displayed after pressing ESC.

I want also say I currently implementing this as movement system in my greatest project (and I will give you credit, ofc).

And to cameras: Cameras are like flying units, so if you place it near some cliff and I see no way to fix it. It is simply W3 engine.

10. VIRUS_OF_MADNESS

VIRUS_OF_MADNESS

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Well, you can use spell book ability if you want. I've made it based on Abilities to make it quicker. So while you walk and you want to look right then you just press 1 button and carry on walking and would not have to stop and search and press some more buttons.

11. DemonKind

DemonKind

Resources:
    Resources:
    Very nice ! :) i am giving it a 4.5/5 still it needs a little bit work to make it perfect

This could be a good idea for Multiplayer games and also making the characters heroes so they can take XP from killing adding abilities each level.Could make it real cool. Good Job Virus

12. TheJesterMan

TheJesterMan

Resources:
    Resources:
    :shock: I Hope to god that this is good coz it is exactly what I need :shock:

13. cursed sniper

cursed sniper

Resources:
    Resources:
    Camera problem hu :? well i guess save it before u put the nutral unit down

14. Craka_J

Craka_J

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    This is more like a Third Person Shooter. Hey! It's not the first though, go play Serious SamII and you'll see what I mean.

15. Pyritie

Pyritie

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    This looks too close to be third person, too far away to be first person, so I'll say it's a second-person camera system :p

16. SoCal_420

SoCal_420

Resources:
    Resources:
    umm whenever i put it into my map it just shows under the ground like you said would happen on a bridge but everywhere

17. Nindira

Nindira

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Found some wierd stuff. Well I guess they be bugs or something. Upon clicking the unit, turn around and face one of the braziers, or fire pole things... whatever they be. Then press either left or right and hold for about five to ten seconds. Now while holding either one (not both) press up and the camera and unit both sperate each other from themselves. So you end up seeing your unit going somewhere while you actually get a 1st person camera. For a bit. Leaving doodads and going to open areas fixes this though. But its a strange thing to see.

Also!!! The camera only fits with units of size 1.00. Units with reduced size, like 0.60 and below really arent viewable and such. Also, when using this in a map where the terrain is made of NO CLIFFS the camera appears below ground. And is completly useless.

18. kevonl999

kevonl999

Resources:
    Resources:
    if u want tho have clift look at the triger u cen change hight in regions

19. Creative.S

Creative.S

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    This is the best arrow movement system ever. Downloaded this, tried it, tried to copy into my map but failed once. Downloaded some &quot;simpler&quot; ones, but they were all sucky. So I went back to trying to get this system into my map, and got it working just perfect. Many thanks for this system.

20. D@B@R

D@B@R

Resources:
    Resources:
    great work, indd... but I agree with Pyritie that it's too far away to be a 1.person...
    btw, trigger comments are usefool :p