• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Arrow Key Movement

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.

Arrow Key Movement

Created by X-OMG-X

HOW TO IMPORT

Go to File -> Preferences, and turn on the "Automatically create unknown variables when pasting trigger data".
Go to the trigger editor and copy the "ArrowKeyMovement" folder.
Open your own map and paste the copied folder into the trigger editor.
You are done!

ABOUT

This system is made as a request.
It contains 7 triggers, all of them important for the system.
The system should be easy to edit and understand, if you just have a small knowledge about triggers.
It contains some extra features, such as camera and breaking/breathing.
Its fully GUI and no special tools is needed for using it.
The system should be fully MPI and doesnt contain any leaks.

WHY THIS SYSTEM

The system is easily configureable and very newbie-friendly.
It contains a Breaking/Breathing system, also made by me.
Smooth camera that doesnt bug everytime you turn around or move.
Contains some smooth and nice gameplay-settings that disables all unneeded or crap-looking things.

COPYRIGHT

This system is fully made by me and all credits goes to X-OMG-X.
You are not allowed to upload this system to any sites, without my permission.
Respect me and my time spent on this system. Do not steal my work.

Enjoy!

Keywords:
arrow, key, movement, move, go, walk, press, release, keyboard, board, control, use, rpg, hero, unit, system, x-omg-x
Contents

ArrowKeyMovement (Map)

Reviews
15:45, 10th Dec 2009 TriggerHappy: Sorry, but we have like 6 of these already. We honestly don't need another.

M

15:45, 10th Dec 2009
TriggerHappy:

Sorry, but we have like 6 of these already.

We honestly don't need another.

Level 11
This system is one of the only movementsystems made in GUI on the hive.
I've seen many of them, most were total crap. I'm not saying yours is bad, but why use this if there are many good systems around? (Mine is good too btw :p)

I just don't find any reason to use this instead of those 1000 other ones.

Oh, and you forgot to remove the right arrow events out of the turn left trigger.

Level 3
Thanks for doing my request ;).

edit:Sorry can't +rep you for now, i have to spread +rep to other people first. But you have my enternal Gratitude for doing my request.

Last edited:
~ Fixed
[EDIT]
Allright.. because there are 6 other of these system (minus a few because some of them are bugged like hell), i cant get it approved? o_O I saw a comment in one of the systems' moderaton. It was a warning to everybody that is making arrow key systems. They had to be unique and creative. Then i made a system that contains a camera, movement and breaking/breathing. Isnt it creative enought? Its also easy to configureable and it have a long documention + its GUI.
So, now i would like to know why this is instantly rejected, when other systems that have a buggy movement, you can control other players' units and doesnt even have a camera, can be approved.

Last edited: