• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Arrow Keys Movement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Well...You could really try WEU(World Editor Unlimited), which offers an arrow key triggers, but it'll increase map size by about 2mb...Not worth it for me..Arrows keys are difficult and buggy.WEU offers a trigger on it, really. Go try...download it from...wc3sear.ch i think.

Level 18
ArcticInferno said:
Well...You could really try WEU(World Editor Unlimited), which offers an arrow key triggers, but it'll increase map size by about 2mb

LOL! Nowhere near 2mb. And yeah WEU's Advanced Triggers have it, not sure if their's is multi-instanceable though.... In any case I alsop beleive wc3sear.ch have an old (1.18?) version only, the newest is available at wc3campaigns.net/tools/weu.... I think.

Level 10
I'd upload a map to show you how it works but I'll be leaving soon and the maps have'nt been moderated much so it would never appear. =P Maybe I can pm it to you. If not, when I'm back in a couple of months I'll work on it (<--if you still want/need it that is)

-Deck

Level 3
i've did it before. it was a map that you could create units by pushing the arrow keys. i think it is:
keyboard event - left arrow or something.

i hope this could help!

Level 15
Well; Lets take UP arrow for an example:

Don't have the WE open, but I will try.

Event - Player presses Up arrow
Action - Set Boolean(Up is pressed) to true

Trigger two:

Event - Every 0.10 seconds of game time
Condition - Boolean(Up is pressed) is true
Action - Unit (Order ''unit'' targeting point with polar of 100) ..yeah, that trigger wasen't very good, but hope youll get the pic.

Trigger three:
Event - Player realese Up arrow
Action - Set Boolean(Up is pressed) to false

Status
Not open for further replies.