• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

First thoughts on the Mystic: lvl 1-12

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jumbo

Hosted Project GR
Level 19
Hello.

I would like to discuss the new class and its abilities.

First of all:
A solid class which is unique from all the other heroes. This is a nice design.

ABILITIES:
TwistingMetal The stun for 3 seconds is extremely powerful(op) and it can stunlock even bosses if you are 3-4 mystics playing. This has to be fixed as it completely removes any aspect of tactics at least on the early bosses.

The immobilizing ability also seems extremely powerful on bosses at the moment. Perhaps it should work for a shorter time, or changed to a heavy slow effect instead.

The other abilities seem to me to be fair - at least so far.

On an extra note I really want to thank you for the new TP system. However, it grants you certain TP areas based on lvl, rather than based on what areas you have explored - this should be changed as it removes the exploration for new players.

Thanks for reading.

Last edited:

Jumbo

Hosted Project GR
Level 19
Well 3 seconds is a very long time if you have other stunners too. If you set up a stun rotation it will mean permastun.

Jolting strikes seem quite excessive too since it renders melee mobs completely useless in many cases.

Level 8
The caveat of Twisting Metal is that you can't "time" the stun as good as other stuns, as it happens after the channel, not at the beginning. But I'll add a differentiation between bosses and non-bosses just to make early game a bit more challenging.

That's really not enough of a downside. It's not just about early game either, 3 Second stun (and not to mention the 10-15 second total immobilize) on alch makes that whole encounter trivial. The first dungeon is a casual walk in the park for 3 mystics at lvl8 with trash gear and not even timing their disables well.

Status
Not open for further replies.