• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

First Finished Terrain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
This is my first finished terrain :smile:
Please tell me what you think about it ( I think it look crappy but . . )

Attachments

• Misty Road.jpg
    Misty Road.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 170
Level 14
It actually is pretty good, even though you could some clouds in the background and move that "sun" out the left behind the trees and make it a bit smaller. For the foreground i think it needs some flowers here and there in little bunches. And for the fallen tree try and lift it up some more and put a type of rock slide on that hill. You could also go for a log or two and some hollow stumps. Overall it needs more life and realistic presence! But i think its a good start and hope to see more terrain from you!

Level 36
Why is there those brown river rush things when there is no river or water close by? (and those models look horrible in general) Not to mention that it seems unrealistic, given how cloudy and misty it is, that the sun would shine that bright, or even be there at all. I would reccomend just removing it completely and add something else as a center of focus, like for instance a ruin or something.

Level 25
Not too bad for a newbie. Good sky, good fog, decent variation of trees, and you even used custom grass models. However, your sun is very unnecessary for this terrain due to the dark sky/fog. The sun makes no sense in such a dark atmosphere. As far as tiles go, your road looks very jagged. Be patient and straighten-out your road by selecting the smallest tile placement square and fix it up. You lack tile variation as well. Throw in some Dirt and Grassy Dirt to help make it looks less plain! The use of only two tiles is noticeable - in a bad way.

For hills, you did a pretty nice job. But keep in mind that there is a Smooth tool for hills to help make pointy/sharp hills look more well-rounded and... smooth. Smooth hills are good! Pointy hills are bad in nearly all cases except for when you're making mountains or cliffs.

And since you're new, just a head's up, NEVER USE TERRAIN CLIFFS! They're ugly and no one likes them.

Level 3
Im glad you guys liked some of it :wink:
Now im gonna make a new terrain, hopefully with some improvements :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.