• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

High elf citadel - first terrain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Here's my first terrain posted on the internet. Please tell me what you think, and how I can improve it. :smile:

Attachments

• High_elf_citadel_by_tobbe_hunter.png
    High_elf_citadel_by_tobbe_hunter.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 4,090
Level 11
Everything is too spammed, you need more height variation and a better citadel design. Also fix the lights, either take thema away or make them seem like a huge burst of light (aka no gaps and a bit stronger)

Level 18
lol hawkwing xD he said and i quote on quote

" I'd like to see a more professional camera angle "

lol this is a First terrain...how proffesional can u get ! lmao

but back to the point. Its actually a good piece for a first terrain. The atmosphere is bright and cheery. However there are points you should aim to fix.

The scaling is on check, but i think you should first make the trees a bit scaled smaller in accordance with the castle. It doesn't seem to fit.

add a denser fog, by using 0 Z and 4000 y perhaps ? and consider adding mountains in the background. A new style of mountains is using Steinslord rocks.

Level 36
It's kind of "in" right now to take a shot looking very slightly down on the terrain from an angle turned a little bit clockwise, that's Raid's fault :p

You could always go for the same kind of thing as I mentioned above except looking up at the castle. I don't see that too often.

Status
Not open for further replies.