• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

My First Terrain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hey, this is a pic of my very first terrain. Wanted to know what others think, so please leave a comment.

PS, Its kinda a crappy pic too.

Attachments

• myterrain0cc9.jpg
    myterrain0cc9.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 134
Last edited:
Nice, I like the looks of it. Very good angle and use of blizzard doodads. Also the way you continue the river far out untill it is unseeable is well made with the hills far back. For a first this is over the top, very good job, I am impressed. +rep.

Even the blizzard cliffs so-so fits, at least they don't do anything negative like usually. I hope to see more from you soon.

Level 6
This is really good terrain, I was no where near as good as this on my first try, mabye about after trying it 5 times over lol. Good job +rep.

~4rankie~

Level 9
If this is your first terrain you ever made, then i'm really impressed !

The Camera angle really fits with the scen, and it's nice to see that for once someone doesn't use blizz cliffs to make rivers. People new to terraining always makes that mistake.
Good use of doodas, overall good pic.

Keep up the work mate ! :infl_thumbs_up:

/MadseN

Level 2
Thanks guys ^.^

Yea this is my very first terrain. I had a read about the different methods on how to make terrain look good and thought i would try it out, and that was the result.

I also had fun making it, so hopefully i can think of some more cool things to make. =)

Level 25
You should be in the Ginous Book of World Records for being the first person to make a first terrain attempt with a really good waterfall. The waterfall and other things could be better, but hell, for a first time I'd say you'll be a great terrainer within a couple months if you keep working hard and practicing terrain.
Good work and +Rep since you've broken an imaginary world record.
~Craka_J

Level 34
Can't agree more with everyone else. Awesome first terrain. The waterfall does have a couple doodads of water sticking out a bit, could use fixing. Kepp making more! +REP for sure!

Status
Not open for further replies.