• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Firebat abilities (futuristic-modern map)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Is firebat a bat on fire or a futuristic flying machine?

He is probably referring to the Starcraft unit, but I could be wrong.

Hmm, I'm not too good with complicated abilities, but maybe the passive one could be like the Thorns Aura. Only with the attacker gets set on fire for a few seconds, which takes even more damage.

Level 3
Tornado Flamer ( active - auto cast): The Firebat gains the ability to throw flames at a little bigger range, but with wider area, the flames will go out spinning and thus slowing, doing more damage, also adding an cool graphic effect.

Inferno burst ( active): the fire bat charges his attack closing the flame bocals but increasing the fuel output, then unleashing on a short-medium range line gigantic flame that sets even the ground on fire.

Critical mass ( passive) : the firebat at random will unleash longer fire bursts that will do more damage but also will overheat it's gear, generating heat waves around him damaging nearby enemy units.

cocktail of flames( active): the firebat releases his fuel at target area, any unit that is affected will be embeded on this mix, and if touches fire will suffer an explosion and start to burn, lesser units will get out of control running with no logic around until someone or something put an end to the fire.

Hell walk ( active), the firebat throws some bombs around making an HUGE area be set on fire, any unit that steps the burning area will be damaged, except the firebat, that will suffer no damage AND will feed the flames around him make the area nearby himself have bigger flames and do more damage.

OBS: these 3 last abilities can and should be stacked giving even more damage bonuses resulting on even bigger destruction.

Level 7
I maked Critical Mass, quite nice idea. I already have one ability against ground enemies, same like inferno burst, but without putting ground on fire.

Can you suggest ability against air and ground enemies?

I maked Critical Mass with Explosion around firebat which sets enemy units on fire and damage them.

And his Half-Demon, Half-Human, so he can have some strange abilities.

Also i need some defence ability, cause he the only one who have smallest attack range in map and without tankability

Level 7
What about some shield of flame for defensive ability? The shield would block damage and damage the attacker for a duration.

Level 9
Burning Flight: The firebat propels himself into the air on a jet of fire, then plummets back to the ground. As he falls he creates a large blanket of flames below his feet. Once he reaches the ground, the flames erupt into a high wave a fire, spreading out in all directions. The immense heat given off by the wave causes air units near by to fall to the ground.

Kind of a rough idea but the idea for the air units could be developed.

Level 33
Defensive Measure
Firebat is a brave Marine but sometimes he will need to stay cool and burst out his anger. He creates a spherical flame around his body, protecting him for awhile and release the flame energy to its surrounding and deals damage per sec.

- Creates a protective layer of flame around his body for X seconds, this effect will grant him a +X armor and after X seconds, the layer will burst to effect around XXX AOE around him for it to deal initial X damage and a following X damage per second.

Note:
During the skill activation, he CANNOT move as this spell is a channeling.

Level 28
(I'm assuming this is the pyromaniac melee infantry unit we all know and love.)

Overcharge (Channeling)

The Firebat accumulates fuel in the firing chamber before releasing it in a devastating arc that greatly exceeds his normal range. (Channel for a few seconds, then shoots a powerful attack dealing line damage. Can't hit air units.)

Lake of Fire (Drains mana until deactivated)

The Firebat's suit is specially modified to allow him to evaporate and reroute some of his fuel supply through his suit, surrounding the immediate area in flames. (When activated, fire appears on the ground in a small radius around the Firebat, which continues to burn for a few seconds. Gas is continously pumped out and set on fire by the suit, so the Fire bat can create literal walls of flame to block an enemy's passage.)

Sugared Fuel (Passive)

A carefully dosed mixture of thickening agents is added to the Firebat's fuel supply, allowing the ignited fuel to stick to targets, dealing additional damage. (Targets hit by the Firebat's attack take damage over time.)

Status
Not open for further replies.