• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Fifth ability for melee heroes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Hey guys, wazzup! Its me again! (honestly, this is basically the only forum I post in here on HIVE... hopefully that'll change in the future...). I'm here to bring about a discussion (which isn't ACTUALLY a discussion, as I'm also using it for ideas, which is why I posted here).

You see, I'm working on a map sort-of based off Mortal Kombat: Armaggedon (in which several champions of Azeroth face off atop a pyramid for ultimate power). Well I was orking on that, my mind began to race... I thoight about the fifth power-slot available to heroes (heroes normally only have four abilities, but have space for an extra one, as I'm sure you know). I began to wonder... what if melee map heroes (such as the Priestess of the Moon, the Paladin, or the Dark Ranger) had a fifth ability? What would that fifth ability be?

I decided to take this question to HIVE, of course! (Once again, while this IS a disscussion, I also need it for ideas).

So, what do you think would be a good fifth ability for, say, the humble Paladin? Would it be an ultimate, or just another starter, or something else entirely? What about the other 23 heroes? What would they have?

I'd be greatly interested in your answers, and I'll see you bros tommorow. Bye-hye.

Level 11
For balance reasons, probably the same one for every hero (just as Rexxar's campaign gave everyone stat boosts).

Maybe something all heroes could benefit from, like Engineering Upgrade adapted to their abilities.
That's a great idea that I'm dissapointed I never thought of. Sometimes you're so focused on complicated idea that you never stop to think about the simple ones...

Regardless, I'm still interested in further comments, as my own idea made me curious to other peoples thoughts; though you're most likely right on Attribute Bonuses.

Status
Not open for further replies.