• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

'Finger of Death' spell request

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hello, can anyone make a 'finger of death' spell which makes the targeted unit deal AOE damage upon death.
it will be a normal 3 level spell, not an ultimate. the damage of the lightning hit must be reduced because it will deal AOE damage upon death.
to make it more clear, the targeted unit will only explode if it was killed under the effect of the spell, otherwise it won't explode(deal AOE damage).
Plz use finger of death effect (the red lightning) :wink: thanx!

Level 2
simply take finger of death and modfie it to be a 3 level spell, then you use the goblin mine ability which deals damage upon death and make 3 abilities,each one with the damage that you want to have it
trigger1
event : unit starts casting an ability
condtion: ability being cast is (name of ability)
actions:
set (targetunit) = taget unit of ability being cast
(if then else)
if - level of ability being cast for casting unit = 1

then - add (goblin ability 1) to target unit of ability being cast

else do nothing

repeat that for each level

then you make second trigger

Event : Unit stops casting an ability
condition: ability being cast (the name of the ability)
actions : remove (goblin ability 1/2/3) from (targetunit)

Level 4
thanx 4 the reply, that explained a lot. however, i'm still not sure how to get dis workin:

"the targeted unit will only explode if it was killed under the effect of the spell, otherwise it won't explode"

e.g: when u cast Black Arrow on a enemy unit, the skeleton will only spawn if the targeted unit was killed under the effect of BA, it won't spawn everytime u cast on a unit. So it's the same here, i only want the unit to explode if it was killed under the effect of the spell, otherwise the spell will only deal damage to the unit. Anyone know how to do that, plz?

Status
Not open for further replies.