• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spell Request

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Spell like Elune's Arrow from Mirana (Dota)

Details :

-Does not require any target to be cast, unlike the original Elune's Arrow, it does not need any targeted point to where the projectile is going, instead upon spell cast the projectile comes out from the facing angle of the caster.

-Projectile explode (Aoe Damage) upon unit impact or at a certain distance, damage is greater when a unit got hit directly than damaged by Aoe.

(The Directly hit unit does not take Aoe damage to balance the damage. Please add Aoe Damage Model since i don't have any, i'm ok with anything that looks like the Projectile explodes)

Btw, My Projectile model is a rocket

-Damage is calculated through the players resources. I edited my map as Gold = Hp, Lumber = Armor. Lumber needs to be depleted first in order to decrease gold.

(For example : Damage = 100. Gold = 100 Lumber = 50 after the unit get hit, the players resources is now Gold = 50 and Lumber = 0)

-Removes projectile once it got to the black part of the map. i'm not good at making spells but most of the spells i downloaded crashes when the projectile goes inside the black part of the map.

---
You can add more effects if you like. Thanks.

Level 19
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/spells-569/elunes-arrow-v1-1-a-148816
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/spells-569/gui-elunes-arrow-v1-1-a-181409
shouldn't be too hard to adjust the damage
use search next time
if you can't find anything here look at wc3c and thehelper.net and/or use google
http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php/70662-Elune-s-Arrow

if you have any problems with the black border of the map just check if the next point where the arrow would be moved is inside the playable map boundaries and remove it if it isn't
using the GUI action to move units won't give you such problems since it checks for pathing automatically

if you don't like the way it targets you can project a point some range away from the caster towards the casters facing

I didn't play dota for a long time - did they really change the target type? imho it always was like as you said

Level 9
i can't fixed it. everytime i try to change the skill and triggers the projectile spawn randomly. that's why i posted so someone who is expert on triggers can make or edit these things

oh lol, i got u confused sorry, i ended up using comma for period. The original Elune's arrow still need targets but what i want for my skill does not require any targets or points.

Status
Not open for further replies.