1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Final Fantasy Forever release 1c

Submitted by Xalterax
This bundle is marked as substandard. It may contain bugs, not perform optimally or otherwise be in violation of the submission rules.
Contents

Final Fantasy Forever release 1c (Map)

1. Drizza

Drizza

Resources:
    Resources:
    Finally I have waited forever for the completed version thx for posting it

2. Bobhellbringer

Bobhellbringer

Resources:
    Resources:
    this map is the best Final Fantasy RPG ever

3. Xalterax

Xalterax

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    If you like it so much take a second to click the rating. :p

4. LoneSlayer

LoneSlayer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Wow, never seen someone tell about the map in fulness...
    You must be cool!

5. Drizza

Drizza

Resources:
    Resources:
    Lol why did you completly remake this map from the last version?

6. Xalterax

Xalterax

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    In release 1 which was done about 8 pm CST May 28th I used Pitzer's Widgetizer Optimizer on the map. Unfortunetly this resulted in a error with my custom doodads about 1/2 of the time with random people. This forced me to re-release the same map about 4 hours later that night as 1a. It was very unfortunet...I had no idea the compressor would goof the map like that. :cry:

What was even more unfortunet is several clan members had put up DL rooms for release 1 instead of 1a and gone to bed by the time we found out about the error.

7. Xalterax

Xalterax

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    ============================================================================

Final Fantasy Forever release 1b

==================================

Changes:

- Tons of bug Fixes
    - The cooldown on Double Up and Dragon Hoard increased to 30 minutes
    - The sword model that works as an effect for many of the sword art attacks returns
    - All but the Inn Music was removed from the map to descrease filesize
    - Save Load system completely fixed, this fix invalidated all 1a codes
    - The Level cap was instigated due to people leveling beyond the intended cap for this version
    - The monk's bonus skills were organized under a spellbook and update on their own
    - Tooltip/Typo Fixes
    - The experience rate at the start of the game was sped up a tad, the rate from Itica Pass forward
    was decreased, to bring leveling more in line with what was intended.
    - Some broken item stats were fixed.
    - Load Timer increased to 10 minutes
    - You can now play this map offline, however saving is disabled

===================================

1b FAQ:

1) Why can't my saves from 1a load anymore?

- The codes from 1a used a type of name encryption that bugged on alot of screennames. This was
    fixed in 1b but because of the fix 1a codes were invalidated. They compare a different aspect of
    your name now when checking if your code is valid.

2) Why is there a level cap?

- The level cap was put in because players were hitting level 40+ and this wasn't intended. The
    abilities past 35 are there and working, but said abilities aren't meant to be gotten until the
    next continent. I don't want players ruining release 2 by spending all of release 1 leveling a
    character to the high 60s or whatnot.

3) Why doesn't may new save code work?

- Since this is no longer a name issue and can't have a random outcome, if your taking screenshots
    of your codes and using those to type out your code and load them back you shouldn't run into this
    problem. If you aren't this is why your saves aren't working. Please read the quest tab on saving
    and loading for full instructions on the best way to go about saving and loading.

4) When is release 2 due out and what will it add?

- Release 2's projected finish date is June 15th, but this date may change. Release 2 adds the
    continent of Telathis, the water temple, the gigan mountain range, 4 new towns...over 70 peices of
    equipment, raises the level cap to 50, a planned 20+ new monster types, including a planned number
    of bosses both static and plot. You will also be able to do various sidequests and this time they will
    be different for each hero. (8 in all). You will be able to unlock the Zokutso and Nerasa Boshido
    skills for the Ninja and the Shiva and Titan summons for the summoner. This addition is expected to
    add 10-20 hours of gameplay to the map, roughly.

Final Fantasy Forever release 1a

Game Description:

This map was built off of the concepts that make single player console RPGs so fun.
    Final Fantasy Forever adapts these concepts into warcraft 3 allowing you to get a
    multiplayer console RPG experience on battlenet with your friends. The game features
    a massive list concepts new to warcraft 3 maps. It twists the existing game boasting
    many custom designed ingame systems.

=================================

Primary Unique Features:

- Equipment System: Final Fantasy Forever allows players to actually equip items. The
    stats of the item are added directly to the hero's stats scores. This leaves your hero
    open to carry up to 6 charged items (potions/tents/heal/life potions). All of your
    equipped items are saved when you save your character.

- Stacking/Saving Charged Items: These are your potions, your tents, your elixirs...all
    those goodies. This allows players to live through bosses. You are expected to use all of
    your group's power to survive these battles and emerge victorius. Charged items on your
    hero are put into your save code and the exact amount you had when you saved will load
    when you load.

- Leadership/Party System: Battles are fought in battlefields using a RPG random encounter
    system. Movement through the game is showns via area transition markers. The party leader
    controls major area transitions to/from town to the world map...dungeon entrances. Ect.
    Every hero has a party different leadership bonus ability, which updates when you change
    leader.

- Epic Boss Fights: This release has a total of 8 Boss Fights. 3 Standard Boss Fights (
    Red Fang, Arch Ghoul and Toad Lady) and 5 Plot Bosses (Granite Golem, Dark Shadow,
    Vampire Lord: Drealnas, Drealnas (Berserk) and Terranus). Standard Boss Fights last
    anywhere from 30 seconds to 2 minutes and will require a degree of strategy to win. Plot
    Bosses are epic fights and will take even strong teams 2-10 minutes to defeat (depending on
    party config and which boss).

- Scaling Ability System: Almost every ability in the game scales with character power.
    New items and level ups will increase the effectiveness of every damage/healing skill in
    the game in some way. The static skills usually run off a % or are a set duration due to
    their type (status effect skills, buffs ect.)

- Fake cinematic System: This system allows close-to cinematics for plot development that
    each player can read seperately. If one character finishes before another character that
    character is free to roam about town or the area while the others finish their cinematics.

- Custom Hate System: The Blizzard AI did not serve my purposes so, each hero is assigned a
    custom hate value for each enemy. The starting value is based off which row your hero starts
    off in. This value changes and the attack target for each enemy updates real time when
    enemies take damage, or are taunted. Jump removes all hate until the dragoon lands then
    re-adds it all + the hate the damage jump generated. Blink generates a large amount of
    illusionary hate for the duration of the skill (10 seconds).

- JASS Custom Scripted Attacks: Most Attacks in this map are custom scripted in the map
    code blizzard uses to build maps, this is why abilities scale in power when you level/get
    new gear. Each Hero has between 13-25 custom abilities.

=================================

Explicit Features List:
    - 223 Custom Abilities
    + 120 Hero Abilities (Not Including Game Menu and Spellbooks)
    + 18 Spellbooks
    + 15 Enemy Skills + 3 built in AI scripts
    + 11 Game Menu Commands
    + 58 Custom Item effects
    - 8 Heros
    - 25 Creature types to encounter in random battles
    - 8 Status Ailemnts (Paralyze, Silence, Stone, Blind, Slow, Frog, Confusion, Poison)
    - 8 Epic Boss Fights
    - 14 Plot Updates to the primary quest
    - 2 part sidequest with a side boss opened at a later point by completion
    - 93 Seperate pieces of equipable equipment
    - 13 Custom Stacking Charged Items (Tents, Potions, ect.)

Map Crap
    - 156 Triggers
    - 262 Functions
    - 376 Regions
    - 1886 Doodads (Other)
    - 185 Doodads (Trees/Destructables)
    - 136 Variables
    - 517 Custom Objects (136 Units, 116 Items, 8 Doodads, 223 Abilities, 24 Buffs/Effects, 10 Upgrades)
    - Tileset (Modified Lordaeron Summer)

Saving Recommendations:

When you save be sure to activate the game's "Black Mask" feature. This is under the game menu.
    After the mask is enabled hit the save ability. While you can write the codes on paper its
    better to hit printscreen while the information is displayed, alt+tab out of the game and
    paste it into MSPaint or whatever image editing software you use. You can then save the image.
    Its also a good idea to then copy the codes from the screenshot to a notepad file with -load in
    front of the code. This way when its time to load the next game you can copy/paste from the notepad
    to the chat line ingame and have the least chance of screwing up your code. If you screw up your
    code, make a typo or miss a digit there is a chance your code will be invalid, if it isn't invalid
    something will fail to load in the event of a typo or missed digit, if your code actually loads.
    However the save/loader has been thoroughly tested and as long as your username complies with the
    above disclaimer your codes WILL work if copied down and loaded exactly as they are displayed when
    you save.

8. Cebknight

Cebknight

Resources:
    Resources:
    This is exactly what I have been waiting for :!: I am going to try it right away.

9. DarkShoGun

DarkShoGun

Resources:
    Resources:
    So, I hear you gave credit to bestial finally for being the original creator of this game and doing most of the work that you edited...

10. Xalterax

Xalterax

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Ahhh at long last a credit stealer shows up. I'll be extremely blunt. 1) I don't know bestial is, I've never met them. 2) This map has over 5 months of sweat and blood in it of both myself and my clan. 3) The original concept map which this map is built off of "Final Fantasy IV" is already out there, and is also - clearly designed by me. Though with every great hit, no matter how clear you make your the designer, especially with the fact I'm providing constant updates to the map its very easy to see how your claims have absolutely no credibility.

Oh as a note for the fans, there will be a 1c shortly...which is the last patch-fix update for this map prior to release 2. 1c fixes alot of the trading issues...ect. ect. We're internal testing it now. Before anyone asks, yes, save codes from 1b will work with 1c, no change there. Same with release 2 as well.

11. CHUNK

CHUNK

Resources:
    Resources:
    I think you are confused - you are either thinking of a different map or just flat out lying. Not only can I vouch for Xalterax's authenticity on making this map, he's been in my clan the entire time and we have worked extremely hard on this map as a clan for the past 5 months. We have all of the early alphas (with no abilities and no storyline and 1/4 of the game system together), we have all of the betas in between the early stuff and the finished project, and we have helped program, playtest, and polish this map. There is no way that I can conceive of any one else taking credit for this map. Whatever claim you think you are making, you owe Xalterax an apology.

12. Raydrik

Raydrik

Resources:
    Resources:
    absolutely i belive in Xalterax man stop causing problems...

btw Xalterax i find it interesting the way u did for the dmg to show (dmg or healing spell) ive been trying to do that for months, and im not that good triggeres, but triggers are my speciality (i want to)

could u tell me atleast howd u did that? plz :wink:

13. DarkShoGun

DarkShoGun

Resources:
    Resources:
    I just played your game and I must say... you should be ashamed of yourself for not giving credit to the original creator.. you edited Final Fantasy IV to make this game.. I have the orginal game that I got directly from bestial along time ago as proof... this game and that game are nearly alike.. same items, heros, etc. Ive spoken with Bestial who is the creator of Final Fantasy IV awile ago.. and he said although he appreciates you making his game alot better he is saddly disappointed that you never gave him credit for all his hard work.. it took him a year to make that game.. you could at least cut the guy some slack and give credit for the work that you edited. Boy I tell you, its a tradegy these days when people want to suck up all the glory and lose their own integrity in the process. I think Xalterax should appologies to bestial, and thank him that he did all that work that Xalterax was to lazy to do. He never made Final Fantasy IV, he might have not known that Bestial made it because bestial never put his name in the loading screen or the map description, so Xalterax used this opportunity to give himself the credit, but he did not make final fantasy IV.. that was all of bestial's doing. You make me sick, YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELF! So please give bestial a hand for sewing the seed that led to the creation of this game.

14. PO_Berserker

PO_Berserker

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hmm. Seeing as bestial has never uploaded a map, and that you provide no proof, Xalterax IS innocent until proven. Until then, keep your mouth shut.

My respect.

15. Xalterax

Xalterax

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Its hard to give someone a hand for trying to take credit for the original FFIV map that I spent over 2 months developing then had to scrap at b0.28 because the system design for it was so flawed that adding content to it was causing it to crash. I'm sorry but when you've worked over 7 months combined on the 2 projects and some kid is trying to descredit your efforts to some guy who has never uploaded a map to any site, anywhere...whereas I have 2 maps before FFF and never put FFIV up anywhere because I scrapped the project. DarkShoGun, find another map to troll. Seriously.

I've never met or had contact with anyone named bestial...and both FFIV and FFF I made from the ground up, and have many beta copies of both maps on my machine. If this alleged bestial does exist let him show up here and post, and give a link to an actual copy of "his" FFIV.

16. DarkShoGun

DarkShoGun

Resources:
    Resources:
    Who cares if you never met Bestial.. doesnt mean that you couldnt took his map and made changes to it and then give yourself all the credit.. and so what if he never uploaded his game to this site.. Maybe he never knew about it? Ever think of that? Im not saying that bestial had anything to do with the making of this map.. I dont know much about it.. but the tooltips and icons of items are remarkably similar to bestial's FF IV. What pisses me off is that you said you made FF IV entirely... this is so not. I have a version .. 0.7 I believe of FF IV, which has Bestials name listed in the world editor where it would say author I could even upload it to this site to show everyone the truth. This was Bestial's first release. I met bestial awile ago and later he gave me his game on email for me to host on battle.net since he was unable to. So I got it and hosted it and I believe only 2 other people were willing to wait for the extremely long download that my slow server provided.. Fuck, for all I know you could have been one of the guys that was there with me, I do remember one of em had an X in their name. But anyways, after a day or two he asked me to not host the version i received but instead host a protected version which I think is what I have now. But I never hosted it after that, and probably never got spreaded, and it wasnt long before Bestial told me that someone had edited his game for the better but had not given him any credit at all.. which is you. So save your jibba jabbing lies for someone who's stupid enough to believe them. It really doesnt matter to me, cause Final Fantasy on Warcraft III doesnt really appeal to me, infact, after playing this for 30 minutes I quit to go do something more exciting.. like watch the grass grow. just thought ide let people know the truth about your so-called hard worked with sweat and blood game.

17. Eterna1Specter

Eterna1Specter

Resources:
    Resources:
    I have yet to download/play this, but from what I can see, it sounds like it's going to be really fun when I do (I'm on a gameless streak of sorts...its a bet). The only thing I'm curious about is if it's at all possible to play/beat this game with one player. (Yes, I know save/loads won't work. But is there perhaps a trigger that makes it easier for less people?)

As for the whole credit thing...No offense intended to anyone, but I'm heavily inclined to believe Xalterax and CHUNK, as they have proof, what with all their early alphas and betas and such. Also, they're more civilized in their manner of speech. I've played an "FFIV" or something, I believe (the one where you play the kids of the original FF4 characters, yes?) and I happen to have a copy of it as well. I don't know who made it, but I will check (as soon as my gaming hiatus is over) and let you all know.

Also, DarkShoGun, I would advise against cussing and flaming. It serves only to hurt your position, because Xalterax and CHUNK are being civilzed and such, while you are cussing at them and insulting their map. Please either stop posting, or clean up your act.

A few suggestions for Xalterax/CHUNK: First off, protect your map. Speaking from experience, it's best to make sure that whatever you create is protected in one way or another. Second, please clarify on the condition/location of your FFIV map. In one part you say that your FFIV map is already out there and is constantly being updated, while in another you mention that it was never released because it caused crashes. Which was it? Or are you talking about 2 different maps? I'm sorry if this is really obvious to everyone else, but I'm confused, so please clarify for me.

18. CHUNK

CHUNK

Resources:
    Resources:
    First, let me make something clear: This isn't my map. I'm not an author and I never claimed to be one, but I have been working with Xalterax as he has developed it (as has several of our clan's map-makers and playtesters). All I can really be credited for within this map is a potion model (which I made) and a lot help with trigger issues, JASS questions, inspiration, and gameplay suggestions. Xalterax made this map. I didn't sit with him at his computer and watch, but considering the number of times questions, problems, code, and discussions were carried out between us - the time our playtesters spent playing this map (and the previous beta) and the fact that Xalterax has been working closely with our clan since he joined it and never once have I had any reason to doubt his word - I don't see why I should start now.

Secondly, Specter - FFF isn't protected in the strictest sense of the word, but it isn't exactly something that anyone could edit well without some tools that are probably a bit more difficult to obtain and use than a simple unprotector might be. The map was design in a custom WE that 6 people (in existance) have. The map has also been optimized, which makes it difficult to edit any triggers, objects, or anything else, even if you hack your way in.

Thirdly, and hopefully lastly, Re8eL8 - you were told that you needed to provide an email for your forum account. You failed to comply in a reasonable amount of time. You were offering to other forum members to help hack their code (despite your inability to even do more than figure out a few random things yourself for your own code), and apparently you have made a habit of being a pest, which got you banned from our clan's channel, and you later made an attempt to hack into the map itself and then bragged about your mostly failed attempt to Xalterax. As forum admin, a request was made that I ban you, and the evidence presented made an effective case for why I should accomodate that request. You were given numerous opportunities to control yourself and follow through with the forum policies, and you opted to ignore those policies. If you'd like, I could continue to publically expose your actions, but I doubt that any of them will make you appear any more innocent than you currently appear. In conclusion, your actions on our forums are not the type of behavior that we tolerate, and because we spend considerably more time there than you, there is no reason why we should be subjected to your poor behavior.

The fact that any of this needs to be discussed or that unsubstantiated suggestions that Xalterax didn't make FFF are even given consideration repulses me.

19. VGsatomi

VGsatomi

Webmaster's Council

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Upload it, then. If thats your proof then what are you holding back for? If you wont show your proof, then you are just tossing accusations. We take map thievery very seriously here. But one thing we dislike as much as map thieves are those who accuse people of map thievery with no grounds.
    -VGsatomi