• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Fighting the Frost

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
hey guys, Im thinking of making this map but first I need your feedback on my idea before I begin. Maybe you could suggest some extra features.

FIGHTING THE FROST (PLZ REPLY, SAY U LIKE OR U DONT LIKE , WHAT U THINK ETC.) (note title may change)

Its a multiplayer map designed for 4-6 players depending on how big I make it.

In most respects this is a game of both memory and chance.

You start off as a peasant trapped in this ice maze (A random point away from other players and far from exit of course.) You have to find your way out of the maze into daylight but there is one catch.

As long as you remain in the maze, you suffer from frostbite and slowly lose health though there are first aid kits you can pick up on the way to help you survive longer.

There are blocks of ice that you can cut down with your pickaxe but be warned it will cost you time and in turn your health.

At the end of each round you may purchase several items from the vendor using the money you earned. You earn this by either escaping the cave or surviving longer than others. Depending on how many people you survive longer than or beat to the exit the more money you will accumulate.

Here are some ideas I've had for items:
-Ice Axe: Cuts a lot faster than regular pickaxe

-Dynamite: instantly decimates ice in surrounding 9x9 radius, plant on ice (don't worry it cant harm you)

-First Aid Kit: Like the ones you find

-Flare Gun: Reveals small area, useful for deducing dead ends.

-Oil Flask: Use this to deter other players from making progress simply chuck over target area and the ground will go ablaze, should not damage ice walls if aimed properly. (Can harm you too if you throw it too close.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.