• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Cross that valley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Name: Cross that Valley

Main classification: Team Maze

Players:2-6 up to 3 on a team

Goal:Finish the maze before the other team. Whole team must reach the end to win.

Team 1: Is the fire trolls, who are rulers of this valley and have more offensive spells to stop the other team from reaching the end of their valley.

Team 2: Is the wilder elves, who have to cross the valley to reach their homeland, have more defesive spells.

Both teams: Each have four classes choices(atleast for first version) the classes are similar to each side except with troll models on team 1 and elven models for team 2. Also different class names but each will have it's own counter part.

Class information:
Runner- increased speed and less health
Trolls- will have spells to decrease speed and put up temporary blockades
Elves- will have spells to increase speed and jump
Tank-decresead speed and more health
Trolls- will have stunning moves and - armor moves like roar
Elves- will have temp extra health/ armor spells and resistance moves
Elementalist- elemental spells matching race average speed and health, both have earth spells maybe like entangling roots, some boulder spell
Trolls- fire spells; fireball doing small damage, engulf in flames, lowers armor
Elves- nature spells; rejuvination, entangling roots
Leader-average health and speed but more than elementalist
Trolls- Beserk, auras
Elves- summon forest creature, auras

spells aren't final, just ideas

Maze information: Alot of the maze is still in being proccesed in the nogging so need lots of ideas for it. But main concept is there is 2 parts of the maze. first part each team has their own maze which is symmetrical to the other team's. second part the two mazes turn into one maze that both teams travel on. This is where enemies can begin to use spells to bother the other team.

Also plan on having runes all through the maze which can be used to give the other team negative effects, own team positive effects, or single out people including urself.

There will be no direct fighting, characters won't have an attack but spells abilities will be your weapons and armor. Opponents can kill you but never have 1 hit wonders, unless it a chance spell that will rarely kill u in 1 hit. 1st part of maze has a respawn and second part has a respawn.

If you finish the maze and you are waiting for other members to finish you get a spirit of your character who isn't effected by any part of the maze and can cast spells you normally have plus a spell where you can silence an opponent for a temporary time, but once u cast a spell your spirit returns to your body for a minute or possibly longer then you may return again. Or you can just reveal the enemy to your team mates.

At the end of the game which ever team wins has a chance to go for double or nothing. Which there will be a mini game(havn't decided on type yet) that lets the other team have a chance to win, or if the winning team wins they will get a code. Heres the kinda confusing part:wwink: If you win and don't do the minigame you get a random code that either gives you a rare item, places runes near you, or gives you exp the next game you play and eithin 30 seconds of the beginning of the game. Now if you lost the maze and then you win the mini game you also get the code, and the team who won the maze doesn't get the code since they gambled it away. But if your team wins the maze and the mini game you will get a code to unlock an extra class, won't be rigged but will have spells that could really come in handy.

Like i said this is all still being thought up and I would need someone to trigger for me, and a modeler for the fire trolls and icons for them to.

Also need a person with mazing trigger experience because i have none.

Need class ideas and spell ideas. Eventually i want to have more than 4 classes for each team on later versions.

But of course all ideas for this map is welcome:wgrin:

if i should have listed something that i forgot to do please ask

Last edited:
Level 2
This map is very interesting.It's the first team maze I've ever heard of.
Unfortunatly I don't know what to suggest other than to make a few custom models for the trolls and elves and to add some traps in each maze.Such as a pitfall or blockades somethin' like that.I hope my reply is helpful in someway.I'm sleepy so it might not make the most sense when you read it.

Level 11
I know you hate the name, but it has nothing to do with Quel'thalas. It's wilder elves, basicly the more primitive form of night elves. Night elves stole the idea. These are the elves who live in the woods, but don't have huge citys. Live in small villages. Mainly intact with the spirits and use very little metals. Now they have to cross the "Burning Valley" to reach their new home where they were invited to, because their home was ravaged by war and disease.

Status
Not open for further replies.