1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Few ideas by Hara

Discussion in 'Gaias Retaliation ORPG' started by Harashu, Jan 8, 2017.

1. Harashu

Harashu

Resources:
    Resources:
    Maybe one of them will be usefull or w/e :D

1. Professions

A. Alchemist

- can gather Herbs (not necessery coz still they drop from mobs, but it can make life easier for them, Some herbs can spawn randomly like chest and rares boss)
    - can make elixir and potions by using recipes, cauldron and igredients. (i know we can buy hp or mp pot's but imagine then at start he can make just 50hp pot when like 50 level alchemist or other way to upgrade him can make pot giving +10 str for 30 mins. I know is long but for example we need to use 2 or 3 rare ingredients for that one.)

B. Jeweler

- can mining jewels or crystals (not necessery coz still they drop from mobs, but it can make life easier for them, Some of them can spawn randomly like chest and rares boss)
    - can make Jewelery (accessory items, strenght will depend how expierienced is champion as a jeweler. For example full skilled jeweler can make rings compared to level 50 rings or amullets.)

C. Crafter

- can chopping some special wood i mean tree or other resources (not necessery coz still they drop from mobs, but it can make life easier for them, Some of them can spawn randomly like chest and rares boss)
    - can make bows, staffs, leather and cloth armor (Same like before)

D. Blacksmith

- can mining ore.
    - can make 1h 2h offhand shields mail armors (Same like before)

And every profession can have own gulid or at least gulid master in mytargas like 2 - 3 new quest to get advanced level (hard quest, final can be simmilar to gargoyle hammer)

2. Random Events

appear randomly only after 30 mins of game.

A. Bandits on the way!

Bandits are attacking riversdale, after event appear players have 1 min to go there and defend it, events is failed if someone from riversdale die. It can looks like dun haldran defence. 4-5 Waves, last waves champion with extra drop. Player level 5 - 15

B. Gnoll's Festival of Life

Gnolls are making ancient ritual called Festival of Life to idk summon demon for example, u need to find and kill 3 grand shamans to stop them. 3 Champions with some extra drop. Player level 20 - 30

C. Summer Market.

Some merchants and people arrived to mytargas for summer market. New shops for 5 - 10 mins.

D. Arrrrrrrrrrrrr Pirates!

There can be randomly appear pirate ship with give us new location (pirate ship). Like mini dungeon. Some mobs and 1 boss at the end. There is seashore south and north from mytargas. Player level 33 - 40

E. Grand Lotery in Dun Haldran

Everyone can buy a ticket for a lotery (expensive one like 10.000 for example) and u can win randomly something. For example:

60% - White item
    35% - Green item
    4.5% - Blue Item
    0.5% - Red Item (also contains red materials.)

3. Some Content in Mytargas

Mytargas is pretty empty. Maybe some daily quest for mid levels or games idk for example gambling, dices, where can randomly lose or win.

2. VakarlanS

VakarlanS

Resources:
    Resources:
    Some Skyrim going on in here.

3. sluk

sluk

Resources:
    Resources:
    Very nice!
    would love to see those!

4. Zwiebelchen

Zwiebelchen

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Professions are kinda lame if there aren't enough recipes to back it up. This was the reason I never implemented professions so far.

Random events could be a thing, but the problem with random events is that they basicly require x times the effort to implement, as I have to implement every possible outcome seperately, which makes it unattractive from a developer point of view. There will be random "floor events" on Blackfire in one of the future updates, though.

Gambling or lottery for items is not possible due to the way the Save/Load system works. People could basicly cheat by reloading all the time. And no, there is no workaround for that. Even if I store the random seed to the players savecode to prevent cheating, people could still cheat it by reloading to some extent.

5. sluk

sluk

Resources:
    Resources:
    i feel like we could use the old zones for random events
    there do not have to be much but just enough and in updates you can always add more

6. Fack0r

Fack0r

Resources:
    Resources:
    Could add rare bosses. Which would have a very rare spawn timer in each of the zones. These bosses would drop rare material for legendaries and other decent level 50 items - maybe even uniquely dropped items just for them - so they would be attractive to hunt down and defeat.
    Make them lore intensive and add NPCs accross the world that would give hints to the player, where to look for them (as a reward for players who like to talk with NPCs)

Theses rare bosses, instead of just spawning could be linked to a random event as sluk suggested above me. But still random and very rare.

In my opinion they should all be level 50 and quite hard to defeat.
    The most important is to make them rewarding enough to find or else players would just ignore these.

A few examples:
    Big Bad Wolf (Farmlands)
    Lost Sea Giant (Could spawn on one of the many beaches besides a ship wreckage which would need to be added)
    Gwaihir the Golden Eagle (Foothils upon the mountains)
    Corpsefire (A zombie spawning in the sewers)

7. Zwiebelchen

Zwiebelchen

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    We already have rarespawns.

8. Jumbo

Jumbo

Resources:
    Resources:
    could add another rare spawn in the sewers or maybe even in the slum part of Mytargas. A Gang Leader who doesn't attack npcs. Maybe make him hostile only after talk - i.e. the player trying to 'arrest' him.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
  9. Fack0r

Fack0r

Resources:
    Resources:
    Do you mean the thing in the sewers you can spawn by activating something at the right time? That's hardly what i'm talking about, if thats the case.

10. Ira

Ira

Resources:
    Resources:
    no there really are rarespawns in the game. some boss enemys spawn randomly in the game. you just have not played enough to encounter them.

there is 3 of them in whitepines i think

11. Fack0r

Fack0r

Resources:
    Resources:
    Fantastic! Didn't even notice.

12. Gripphon

Gripphon

Resources:
    Resources:
    There are 3 in whitepine area - magnataur boss is wandering in circles where magnataurs are, ghost is wandering on the left lake of sirens and necromancer is wandering in skeleton area. There are 2 more I heard about - some treant and gnoll outside whitepine area, but don't know much about them since I never seeked for those. They are not level 50 anyway.

Those 3 bosses spawn randomly and it takes like 1 minute to check did any of those spawn since they are super easy to see, but they are not spawning so often. There are also chests which also drop boss items like rare spawns, but those are definitely much more rare than bosses. There are 4 easily accessible areas where they spawn (fifth is behind Zharo and not worth checking). It is all about luck of finding either bosses of chests, but they are in general so rare it is just a thing you find as you farm bags around or something like that. Also, from what I know, neither of those drop legendary materials only bosses can drop. If that is true, you will still have to hit Yeti and company for those materials.

13. Ira

Ira

Resources:
    Resources:
    there is a complete list of drops for all enemys just go there and check