• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Fel Orc - Behemoth

Fel Orc - Behemoth
"Brimstone and fire follow in his wake."

From the Halls of Anguish inside the Black Temple comes a Fel Orc, never seen anywhere else like this:

The Fel Orc Behemoth.
A heavy melee unit for the Fel Orcs to take on the heavy units of the other armies in Outland.

I drew, clearly, inspiration from the Bonechewer Behemoths,
back then in WoW: The Burning Crusade.
I just wanted to make them a little more "suitable for the masses"
and that they fit into the overall look of the Fel Horde, but there are some small details built in to connect them to their original 13 years older.

Update, January 3rd: I added a green version upon request. I also added two tusks to the upper row of teeth on the Fel Orc Behemoth, as some Fel Orcs from WoW: TBC had. And the texture paths that contained a "&" were replaced by an "and", because problems occurred after the download.

Update, January 13th:
By incorrectly saving the textures, I doubled the file sizes.
The bug has now been fixed.

Update, 03.02.2021:
Here, too, the problem was that the link to the facefx files had to be renewed.
But I also used the time to reduce the file size again and fix the "cramp" in the behemoth's left foot.

Update, 07.06.2022:
I've been taking a closer look at my old models lately and thought to myself: Man... you need a little visual makeover too. Since I was actually quite satisfied with the look, I only made minor changes to make it look a little more dangerous. I also remove the green variant from the model because I don't like it anymore and because my "Orc Gladiator" already has a green model that does the job best. ALSO added a new Icon.
Previews
Contents

Fel Orc - Behemoth (Model)

Fel Orc - Behemoth (Icon) (Icon)

Fel Orc - Behemoth (Portrait) (Model)

Reviews
Mr Ogre man
Model is great, it's a great addition to the orc and felorc rooster and the size is acceptable and optimized. Some possible tweaks: - The ORM texture could be reduced by 50% to reduce the filesize for another MB or so. - You can remove the legs...
Level 8
Ooof... Insane ! Love this model.

I hope you will do even more for fel orcs that actually did.

I see a guy near him in the second and third picture ! Neeeed :D

Any chance you do a version with hero glow ? He is so badass, would like him as option for hero too.

Last edited:
Level 34
Ooof... Insane ! Love this model.

I hope you will do even more for fel orcs that actually did.

I see a guy near him in the second and third picture ! Neeeed :D

Any chance you do a version with hero glow ? He is so badass, would like him as option for hero too.

Hmm ... Rather no. Sry. He only has one "spell animation", which limits him a bit as a hero. And the bundle already has 100mb filesize with the Fel Orc and Chaos Orc-Versions.

Would be more fitting if you add teeth to the sides of the upper jaw and a blackish blue skin variation would be good to have since the original was looking like that
I'll try that with the "tusks" in the upper row of teeth.
If they just slide into the other things like the lower tusks, the cheeks or the helmet in the animations, they are of course out of the question.
Skin color is another matter.
I can and will upload a green version as I have Bagysta's permission to work with one of his textures.
For me it is difficult to change the skin color so that it looks organic and "natural" (if you can say that with Fel Orcs). I'm still missing some practice.
Metal, leather, hair and eye color are no problem. For large areas of fabric or skin ... meh. There comes the same thing as with the tusks: I try. If I'm happy with the result, I'll be happy to upload it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 6
Thanks for the quick reply. First of all fyi, when extracted on my Win 10 machine at least, there aren't any & in the source file names. Maybe something happens differently on Windows an Mac when you're zipping / unzipping. BUT, beyond that, that seemed to fix it! Thanks!

Also... I have a request :) for the non-fel version, would you be able to do one where it doesn't have the spikes coming out of it's back and elbows? To make it more in line with how grunts look pre/post fel form?

Other than that, this is awesome! Great job!

Looks sweet, but it's incredibly heavy. I've noticed that you erased the parts that you don't need, but that's not reducing the filesize. You should, instead, paint those black and remove the alpha channel (you can see that those are not actually removed if you just "erase" them)
Untitled.jpg

You won't see a reduction in filesize because .dds are weird. But the overall size is going down once imported in WE.

Also, paths are wrong. Two of them are missing an & in the original files -I guess you should just remove the & in the file and the model?

Level 9
Man you have some fantastic Fel Orc models that would make a good Outland map. There's a Fel Orc dragon rider model already but if it was a netherdrake that would be rad and make a great addition!

Level 6
I always found it odd that these guys used a totally unique model in WoW, wonderful work on this one~
I always found it odd their skin was more black and their eyes blue. Speaking of that, would a darker skin tone to match the WoW model be out of the question for a variant?

Level 7
Just the model i was looking for. Good job!
I have a problem though, and i was hoping one of you guys could help me. When the model is clicked in-game, it doesn't say its voicelines, regardless of which Unit Sound Set i give it.

Level 12
upload_2021-1-7_23-3-32.png

In some animations his left foot acts weirdly. On both the red and green versions, and both in Retera and in-game.

Also just looked under his loincloth. XD Great model otherwise.

Level 34
This is badass Orc with that huge sword, any chance we got the derivatives too for green skin one?
You don't really like reading descriptive texts, do you? 😉
I deleted the green version when I reworked the model:
1. Because I absolutely didn't liked her anymore and
2. With my "Orc Gladiator" I have a version that feels very similar to a green orcish Horde version of the above model.
Maybe you're happy with that too.

Level 6
You don't really like reading descriptive texts, do you? 😉
I deleted the green version when I reworked the model:
1. Because I absolutely didn't liked her anymore and
2. With my "Orc Gladiator" I have a version that feels very similar to a green orcish Horde version of the above model.
Maybe you're happy with that too.
Ah i see, i have tried the Orc Gladiator too, he seems great, thanks for the reply