17:12, 7th Sep 2013
Orcnet: Map Approved
Orcnet: Map Approved
The Fel HordeThe Fel Horde v1.0
To play the Fel Horde go Orc and set handicap to 90%. I have removed the chaos damage from most of their units. They are the strongest soldiers out on the field even stronger than the regular orcs, but that comes at a cost. Your army will be small but deadly. Their spellcasters can enhance the already formidable force with aggresive spells that disable the enemy or supporting spells that increase the endurance of your forces.
There is no computer AI in place
Units & Heroes
Your tier 1 melee is the Grunt who can later receive a health and damage upgrade.
Your tier 1 ranged is the Bone-thrower but he can get the poisoned bones upgrade.
The Raider is your tier 2 melee who's role is pretty similar to his original counterpart.
The Kodo beast deals chaos damage and can get damage/armour upgrades this comes at a greatly increased cost which counteracts spamming.
The Doom Guard is your end game melee unit slightly stronger than the tauren and can cast rain of fire. Very expensive
The Orc Warlock can cast Firebolt, Unholy Frenzy and Summon Fel Beast.
The Black Shaman is your offensive spellcaster can cast Fel Fire, Burning Defence and Bloodlust.
The Eredar Agent is your primary spellcaster and deals high magic damage. Can cast Curse, Confusion and Dark Vision.
The Black Drake is your anti-air unit an deals heavy melee damage with high hit points. Can learn Devour and fiery breath increasing versatility.
The Dragon Rider is your primary end game air unit with high ranged damage and medium armour. Can learn Devour.
There are currently four, completely custom heroes with unique spells.
The Fel Blademaster is similar to his Orc counterpart but his different abilities greatly change his playstyle.
The Warchief is painfully slow but his very powerful attacks and abilities make him viable.
The demon spawned is a primarily physical hero who can intercept and disrupt the enemy forces.
The Blood Prophet can pick off enemies and support his own strength, despite being ranged, this helps his own support abilities.
The Fel Orcs are brute strength and hard hitting. This leaves them vulnerable to subterfuge and underhand tactics such as stealth etc. This forces them into diversifying which can be expensive but deadly unless countered appropriately.
Units and HeroesHeroes: Blademaster, Demon Spawned, Warchief
I would like to thank: Frankster, lelyanra, Power, Pyritie, The_Silent, s4nji, Champara Bros, Epsilon, Red XIII, BloodElf300 and Sellenisko. (if I have used your model/icon but haven't given credit then please tell me and I will rectify the mistake and give my sincerest apologies.)
From one race maker to another does it matter how long I spend on it. It always takes me 3 days to make a map usually spread out over weeks or months this time the 3 days took me 3 days. Thank you for the review none the less.
I didn't base blade bane armour off of avatar. It is an activatable spell immunity for no mana but increases damage taken.
What do you mean no initial defence?
Oh yah the tooltips I'll fix those. The hero thing can be fixed easily I'll do that.
What. That's the point of a review so that people tells me what's wrong and I fix it. It would help if you told me all the problems I'm not going to hunt through my own map. What makes you think I don't "polish" my maps. Have you played my high elves map? You should've played it when I first uploaded it.
Either way all will be fixed by tomorrow evening maybe sooner.
Fel Horde Review
IntroductionThe new race is a great addition but there are some little problems when it comes in balance and also the overall looks of the structures of the race fits but is cartoonish.
Unexpected tab 1[tab][tabheader]Good Points:[/tabheader]
- The race is balance but a problem is that the Blademaster's Poison damage is quite strong. 5 damage for 60 (I think) seconds which makes it strong and that is just in each attack. I suggest lower down the duration of the poison. Also the Blademaster has two ulti, his Bloodlust is for level 6 and the Mass Image is for level 6. I do think this is quite weird to have an ulti but nothing to worry that it is just minor and can still be accepted as balance but do remember that it is also in the verge of imbalance-ness
- The new units that the new race offers are all good and strong.
- The icons for the building does not go with its building. The icons are like for a human structure and to add, it is cartoonish as what wa666r said.
- The building does fit for a fel horde race though most of them are left unchanged and some are quite cartoonish to look at.
- The Foundry can also be a lumber drop point which should not be and just for upgrades
- The undead building like in the Fel Horde (That shrine that resembles like a mouth in fire) uses the undead birthanimation which should not be. Mixing two animations for a race looks awkward dont you think?
- Some units morely resembles a demon or undead. Such as the Eredar. I suggest reconcept the idea about that.
- You could fix some thing about the Blademasters. It is quite imbalance a little due to its massive skills.
- The icons for the buildings does not resemble the building that it builds. It most likely resembles a human structure. I suggest that you find more fitting icons for those. If you cant find anything, request for some.
- Foundry which is an upgrade building should not be a lumber drop point. Remove its ability to be a lumber drop point.
- The undead building uses the undead birth animation that looks awkward for Fel Horde.
- I suggest that you change the Eredar to something that is more fel orcish. Something that resembles a fel orc.
CommentOverall, this looks like a decent altered melee featuring a new race which is the Fel Orc. Though some thing just doesn go with each other which crushes the map and overall race's quality.
AN ALL NEW HERO!
The Blood Prophet is now fully ready with an all new set of four custom abilities ranging from Dark Grip to Transfusion. The perfect combination of strength and range has been used by the Demonic Hordes for the annihilation of peoples.
Map Name: Fel Horde (last update April 2014)
Map Author: Footman16
IntroSo I know this is rather old map, but I decided to review your map anywas based on it being a custom race.
Unexpected tab 1[tab][tabheader]GENERAL:[/tabheader]
- I do understand this is a Blizzard made map, but the creeps based on this race is kinda op imo.
- Some creeps are strictly all air, which is ok as long as your Raider bring em down, or you spent a nice amount of anti-air units, just to expand. I watch an insane comp get beat by a normal AI, just because the creeps killed the insane expansion over and over. lol
- Custom Models is a very nice touch to additional Horde race!
- Love the Dragon Rider!
- Nice touch using the handicap as a setting rather then a dialog box!
- Peons still do chaos damage and have higher armor then regular worker units.
- There is no Victory/Defeat Trigger. I spent a better half of an hour looking for that last enemy building before I Cheated (ISeeDeadPeople) & ended the game and opened the map in the editor.
- Why did you decide on this map rather then another 4 player Outland map?
- I noticed bone throwers are unarmored and have higher hp? why not just have their armor/hp the same as most ranged units? Bone thrower 1v1 troll headhunter, Bone thrower still dies
- Add a Victory/Defeat Trigger
- Instead of killing the units at the beginning of the game and then create new ones, Replace units instead.
- Lower the hp of the bonethrowers and give them something other then unarmored, such as medium armor.
I Like what you done here. Keep making custom races!
Rating Vote: 3/5 Fair
Disclaimer: I am not considered an "Official Hive" Map reviewer as of yet, but i do hope to become one in the possible future.
Np, don't forget to read some of the suggestions I made if you ever update your map.The peons are supposed be like that as an extra defence method. About the map choice, I don't know, I wanted an Outland map and it was the first to appear.
As for the bone-thrower, well he's supposed to be like that.
Either way thanks for the review.