• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Fate ORPG - Yes, another RPG!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Just a little update:

There is now an additional augment for your hero:perks.
Every 10 levels you gain grants a perk point for your hero. (6 total at level 60). Perk points are are used to purchase a perk out of the 11 available. Perks are permanent augments to your hero, and cannot be undone. Obviously this allows even more flexibility in the development of your hero because you can choose any combination of skills to distribute your points on.

Growth: You have a 50% chance when you gain a level to add an additional Agility, Strength, and Intelligence.
Wisdom: Your maximum mana pool is permanently increased by 5%.
Conjurer: Your abilities that deal spell damage now deal 8% more damage.
Guardian: Your abilities that heal have an 8% chance to return the mana used to cast them.
Iron Will: You have a 5% chance when casting any ability that all of your spell cooldowns will be reset.
Navigator: Your sight range increases by 500 for day and night. You also move 20% faster.
Bloodshed: You have a 20% chance when killing a unit to restore 1% of your maximum health.
Night Owl: You gain invisibility when standing still at night. (9:00pm to 6:00am)
Defender: You are resistant to 10% of all damage.
Lawbringer: You gain an additional 20% experience and gold for every quest completed.
Reckless: You gain a permanent 6% attack damage. Every killed enemy will explode.

Questions? Comments?

s[i]n;938817 said:
Just a little update:

Every 10 levels you gain grants a perk point for your hero. (6 total at level 60). Perk points are are used to purchase a perk out of the 11 available. Perks are permanent augments to your hero, and cannot be undone. Obviously this allows even more flexibility in the development of your hero because you can choose any combination of skills to distribute your points on.

Growth: You have a 50% chance when you gain a level to add an additional Agility, Strength, and Intelligence.
Guardian: Your abilities that heal have an 8% chance to return the mana used to cast them.
Iron Will: You have a 5% chance when casting any ability that all of your spell cooldowns will be reset.
Navigator: Your sight range increases by 500 for day and night. You also move 20% faster.
Bloodshed: You have a 20% chance when killing a unit to restore 1% of your maximum health.
Night Owl: You gain invisibility when standing still at night. (9:00pm to 6:00am)
Lawbringer: You gain an additional 20% experience and gold for every quest completed.
Reckless: You gain a permanent 6% attack damage. Every killed enemy will explode.

Questions? Comments?

You can only get one of each perk and that's it? No level 2 and stuff?

Level 9
Perks are in addition to your 11 class abilities. They are simply there to further customize your hero and change up gameplay a bit. For example, a player may choose to get Lawbringer early on to benefit from the experience more. Or a player that wants to travel through the game faster will get Navigator early on. The catch is that you can only have 6 out of the 11 perks.

I'm fairly confident that these numbers are about balanced too, none too powerful over the other. It's simply about choice and playstyle.

s[i]n;938868 said:
Perks are in addition to your 11 class abilities. They are simply there to further customize your hero and change up gameplay a bit. For example, a player may choose to get Lawbringer early on to benefit from the experience more. Or a player that wants to travel through the game faster will get Navigator early on. The catch is that you can only have 6 out of the 11 perks.

I'm fairly confident that these numbers are about balanced too, none too powerful over the other. It's simply about choice and playstyle.

No, I meant that each perk has only one level. As in there's no Lawbringer Level 2?

Level 8
Hi,
I think Growth is a little bit unbalanced, if i unterstod it right.. You can get a additionaly tribute to all stars 2 with each level gain whit a chance of 50%? I don't know, how much is one Point but its may a lil bit to much. And i think it would be better, if you only gain one point on you primary atribute each level.

Level 3

The explosion deals damage? I think that exploding creatures is very bad, you cannot raise corpses or summon undead things or something that uses corpses in your map, and 6% damage for a melee warrior or archer i think that it is very low, conjurer adds 8% to a class that can be safe behind the tanks launching spells.

The 6% is based in the natural attack damage or in the bonuses too?

The idea is very good reminds me from fallout 2 :p

Level 3
s[i]n;938817 said:
Just a little update:

Questions? Comments?

One word, u should think abit more on these Perks. The first thing - there should be 2 or 3 times of this if we talking about flexibility.
Night Owl - useless stuff, it is sure to take a Defender than this one for example.
Growth - doesnt even suit to an orpg. Too much randomness.
Reckless - like someone told, the exploding stuff is not for passive ability.
Lawbringer - The one thing is - if u want to use this Perk - u need to make quests everytime. Quests are getting boring when u make them 10x in a row so maybe u should think about 20% bonus exp per quest, and 5% bonus for monsters? Seems more atractive for me.

Maybe u need some suggestions for perks :) Make a topic on forums and it will be much easier to think about good Perks.
Cheers.

Level 6
Sounds like your Perks idea is getting a lot of heat.
Personally I like it. When I read your list, they weren't just your generic crap that you get (like Fallout 3) but they were well thought up. Like the Growth one, I think its a good idea. I would recommend maybe putting in more choices, but as it is I wouldn't change it. Good job once more!

Level 9
Sounds like your Perks idea is getting a lot of heat.
Personally I like it. When I read your list, they weren't just your generic crap that you get (like Fallout 3) but they were well thought up. Like the Growth one, I think its a good idea. I would recommend maybe putting in more choices, but as it is I wouldn't change it. Good job once more!

Thanks, I was hoping someone would see them for what they were truly intended. They are supposed to be minor augments to a hero, not game changers. Granted some need to be tweaked a bit, I feel they are fairly balanced.

The only reason there are not more than 11 right now that I cannot figure out a good user-friendly way to show them all without putting them in shops or something. Could do two spellbooks, I guess, each with 11, but I still want to limit the amount you can choose to 6.

Thanks for the feedback everyone, ideas are welcome.

EDIT: Clan BoM • View topic - Overhead Maps

Last edited:
Level 6
Yeah, I know what you mean about spellbooks. Spent many a sleepless night trying to figure out a better way to do things. Still 11 is fine, so stay with it.

Level 6
Agility paladin? Thats not what I was laughing at. The fact that a demon (you know hell-spawn warrior) is a paladin (a bringer of truth, light and justice)!
Just kinda' funny, but the game looks like it has some cool abilities.

Level 8
Hi,
yeah its a lil bit crazy with the demon, but normaly, Archimonde is a real Draenei...
He its just a red demon and he's evil^^ He has a pact with Sargeras or so... don't know exactly
But i like the Model, looks pretty well, but the Model of Kil'jaeden would loke a lil better, I think^^
One question: Which sondset has the Paladin?^^
Archimonde has not much sentences in the german Wc3^^
Don't know, how it is in the english version

Level 9
Hi,
yeah its a lil bit crazy with the demon, but normaly, Archimonde is a real Draenei...
He its just a red demon and he's evil^^ He has a pact with Sargeras or so... don't know exactly
But i like the Model, looks pretty well, but the Model of Kil'jaeden would loke a lil better, I think^^
One question: Which sondset has the Paladin?^^
Archimonde has not much sentences in the german Wc3^^
Don't know, how it is in the english version

There are different models for each class in each race. For example, the draenei paladin uses Achimonde model, whereas the draenei warlock uses the kil'jaeden model. Soundsets are different for each race/class combanation.

LOL at the Agility-type Paladin.

The paladin is agility for a reason. It just has not been disclosed yet.

Isn't those damage numbers little too big?

They appear that way because of the timing of the screenshot. The damage texttags are very animated, and I assure you they look great in full motion.

Why you blanked out those specific spots? What is there we aint allowed to see? =/

The larger box is covering up debug messages, and the minimap box is hiding some specific features that will not be revealed until a later date.

Level 2
Keep up the good work, i think it has been more then a year since i first laid eyes on this gem. Truly remarkable, it all looks so polished and professional, witch is rare for orpg wc3 maps.

Anyway what is left to do till public beta ?

EDIT :

Oh forgot to add, i really like the perks idea,they really seem well balanced and add nice depth to characters, but perhaps lower the maximum number to 3-4 so there would be more character customization, and perhaps add lvl 2 to perks. Just and idea...

EDIT 2 :

One more thing :) Is this feature still in the game ?

Unique day/night system with world events - Seems like really nice addition.

Level 3
Cant wait to try this map out, when eventually you'll get it released.

I looked through the whole thread and your clan site too, and well, though I'd like to say something constructive, I cant say anything else than... I'm speechless!

Keep your spirits up! This is definetly worth it :)

Level 2
Actually there forums seem to be going slower in forum posts, I've been going there for about 1 month and it looks like it is turning into a barren wasteland.

I hope they can post more information about what they are currently working on.

Level 2
lol... no, this project won't die as long as it isn't finished, but don't expect it to be released anytime soon unless stealthofking or kilix say it will be released soon. Their project is deceptive in the way that you see these guys create so many awesome features you have to think, "Holy sh*t, that must have taken a crap load of time, you guys must be almost done, release date?".

Fortunately or unfortunately, these impressions are always false. The work is always there, but what a finished system that creates almost the entirety of most warcraft 3 maps is a pittance in this map. You see so many awesome and never-before-seen systems created for this map over the many many months of its long creation that it gets to the point where instead of saying, "Incredible work, good job" you end up saying something like "isn't this map perfect enough already?", or "will this map ever be completed?"

Appreciate the map makers for the amount of work and effort put into the map, and that when it finally is released you will be much more impressed with it than if it were released when last you said "Is this map done yet?" Map makers are rarely this dedicated (which is probably why many of you are surpised this project is not dead yet) or put this much work ino a single map, if ever. Just wait for their word, and help keep this project going by showing some of the same enthusiasm that you had shown when this project was "alive". Maybe it will actually prompt them to keep you guys a bit more informed and you will realize that they are still as dedicated to this map as they were when kilix posted the topic OP 18 pages back.

Level 5
im starting an rpg called Fate's Grip RPG so at first when i saw this thread i was thinking this was about me being a retard so i was gonna come in here and be all, F U, but now i think ill try this xD

Level 3
Anyone knows what happened to them or if they have some alternative forums right now? They kinda evaporated, i wonder why they didnt even announce something after a domain-case. I already lost my trust in them couple time ago on completing this map so it gets a final state, but never though its gonna "end up" like this. Some words from map makers or their friends could be appreciated.

Level 3
thay died why dont watch my thread? albian rpg campaign? :p nah but i think thay died i havent heard of them for a long time i watched the clan bom site but nothing intresting there also.

I dont understand you at all, how could you watch their site when their site is down since 01.01.10? Is there new one?

The website is temporary down.

The original site died a while ago when the owner of the server couldn't pay to keep it up. It's been a very long time since then but the site is once again back up here:
http://clanbom.com/forum/

As to the progress of this project idk, the creator of the project hasn't said much since the sites return and I don't believe there's any information on the site currently regarding it.

Level 35
The original site died a while ago when the owner of the server couldn't pay to keep it up. It's been a very long time since then but the site is once again back up here:
http://clanbom.com/forum/

As to the progress of this project idk, the creator of the project hasn't said much since the sites return and I don't believe there's any information on the site currently regarding it.

Thanks for the information, though it seem like this still have long ways to go.

Level 9
I'm trying my best to get together with StealthOfKing and crank out some sort of playable version. Keep your heads up! I've invested too much time into this to just let it go to the graveyard of unfinished maps.

-kilix

Status
Not open for further replies.