• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Fan of Knives v1.1

Name: Fan of Knives
Current Version: 1.1
Language: GUI
User Friendly: Yes
Works With the Latest Patch: Yes
Author: -BerzekeR-

icons_9259_btn.jpg

Fan of Knives

The Warden hurls a flurry of knives, damaging nearby enemy units upon impact.
Level 1 - Each dagger deals 75 damage upon impact.
Level 2 - Each dagger deals 150 damage upon impact.
Level 3 - Each dagger deals 225 damage upon impact.

Here, another custom Fan of Knives by me :p

If you know how to work with trigger editor, then you should change some values around the spell, because I've been playing with them a bit and the result ingame was pretty interesting, It was the same spell with like 5 different effects ingame :)
Change:
Distance to ~1500
Knives Count ~36
Dummy model
In execution trigger change that constant facing "+4" to random number 3 to 8
Speed to something low like 5 or 8

You can turn the spell around as you want to! :D

Changelog:
11.Oct 2009 Uploaded
12.Oct 2009:
-Added some more customizations for users, e.g. boolean "true"/"false" to turn some different actions on.
-Changed one special effect
-Added a few more options for the users
This spell is now 90% user friendly, and you can use it in any way, still if you'll change values a lot like value from 200 to 2000 you'll need to change some other values too e.g. "distance"/"angle" they must be somehow related.

You can download the custom icon here: here

Leave comments, rate and give credits if you use this spell.

Have fun!

~Berz

Keywords:
knife, knives, spin, fan, warden, night, elf, throw, toss
Contents

Fan of Knives (Map)

Reviews
14:55, 16th Oct 2009 The_Reborn_Devil: This looks like a really nice version of Fan of Knives and in my opinion this is better. The triggering looks nice, but you could store Picked Unit in a variable to increase performance. Other than that...

M

14:55, 16th Oct 2009
The_Reborn_Devil:

This looks like a really nice version of Fan of Knives and in my opinion this is better. The triggering looks nice, but you could store Picked Unit in a variable to increase performance. Other than that everything looks nice!
Rating: Useful/Recommended.

Level 22
we dislike the usage of integer A! :)

review ocmming up ...

REVIEW

-Is it just me or do I sense this 0.5 second casting delay before the arrows even starts to move?

-why are you using the facings? :S can't you just store the angle in the hash table and then increase it, facing is unstable what I've heard of

-75 aoe hmm ... that's a low value actually, I don't feel it very accurate enough. I know the arrows are very small but 90-100 would fit better?

-why you create two sps at different spots? just a question

-no need to remove units with triggers, better with just killing them :)

else it's a very very good spell berzerk! Lovely remake of the fan of knives spell thought you made it twice :)

Level 6

Spell Idea = 0/5

Coding = 5/5

Effeciency = 5/5

User Interface = 5/5

Documentation = 5/5

You Scored = 5/5

My Comments:
- Although the spell idea is a blizzard remade one, I think this spell is great. I was not able to find any bugs or leaks. The spell is MUI aswell. I love the idea of renewing a known blizzard spell, although I can't give you credit for the spell idea itself, nevertheless the spell gets a topscore in my book :). I like how the customization abilities are good, it's very easy to configure. You're description on the hive is also good. I don't know what I should think of the custom Icon.
I found one simple mistake, there's a spelling mistake in your documentation: "8 .Test the spall ^" spall :b

Sincerely Foopad

Level 37
Ok, thanks for the comments, as you can see I've made a little update that makes the spell even more configurable ;)

e.g.

You can turn on/off random movement/path, that would change the spell style a bit (It will still be Fan of Knives but a bit different :p )

And yet again, the spell isn't just a "Fan of Knifes" by changing a dummy model and special effect you can turn the "dagger" spell into, fire, water, arcane, earth, nature.... anything

Spell Idea = 0/5
Coding = 5/5
Effeciency = 5/5
User Interface = 5/5
Documentation = 5/5
You Scored = 5/5
This should be 4/5, because 20 out of 25 is a 4.
(Or it might be that you don't vote fair, then ignore this comment)

Althought I didn't looked at the code, I think its very cool to get to know how this can be done.

Good work, Berzerk!

Level 6
This should be 4/5, because 20 out of 25 is a 4.
(Or it might be that you don't vote fair, then ignore this comment)

Althought I didn't looked at the code, I think its very cool to get to know how this can be done.

Good work, Berzerk!

Well I just started reviewing, and that is my template, he did acutally score 5/5 in something I haven't mentioned, but I guess I will mention that catagorey next time.