• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Fall Of Wisdom )FoW( -Looking for Creative Minds and Creators-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Fall Of Wisdom )FoW(
Okay so if anyone here recognizes me they'll recognize that I make extremely well thought out and thurough posts when I want to describe something. And they'll also know that I have a tendency to make awesome ideas, begin making them, and just sort of lose interest. Well in this post I'll be doing two things differently than before XD.

This is going to be a really quick post and I'll update it later with a post much more reminiscent of my past posts and projects (wc3campaigns.net, gtw mod, etc.).

Let me just begin this by stating how much I hope this will work out.

Overview:
The general gameplay is sort of a combination between AoS and Rabbits Vs. Sheep. The game is played 5 vs 5 with the sixth slots being reserved as computer controlled unit spawns (in later versions Neutral Extra and Neutral Hostile may be used instead of the 1 and 2 slots).

Storyline:
The basic idea behind the game is a world in the post-fallout of a huge empire much like that of the Romans, any race may be part of the empire or its past enemy. The Higher Council (ruling body) once ruled the Great Truth (name of the empire) but after the seperate corruption and betrayal by several members of the Higher Council the entire empire began to rebel against the ruling race. The rebellious peoples before entering the empire were barbaric tribes, and will be once again. The rebelling people burned libraries and centers of knowledge in an attempt to retard the offensive planning of their past lords. Now the land is broken and filled with turmoil, it is the perfect timing for the rise of a leader... Will you be that leader? -The game opens up with a short cinematice depicting the murdering of the final member of the Higher Council and the burning of the Councilroom with the end of the cinematic coming with the murderer saying "there is no Truth in wisdom... so let wisdom fall!"-

Terrain:
Although at this point terrain is basic and dull, the final map will be much much bigger with multiple unit spawn positions, multiple "control points" and multiple "objective points". In the final version there will be enterable Castles (and other buildings) that bring players to a boundaried off position that is "inside the castle/building" and from there the castle may be captured from the inside out.

Teams:
Ever played Kings and Knights? Well although in this version its just side East versus side West, in the final version any player holding control of a castle will be able to proclaim himself a "Lord" and can expand his land to gain new spawn points and wealth. A player will most obviously be able to pick his race and hero afterwards in the final version.

Gameplay Mechanics:
Custom heros, custom spells, alliance system, tribute/tax, spawning based on where and what untis where killed, custom races and units, castle battles, and territories. Units are characterized by custom values and a different number of opposing units will spawn when a unit of the same custom value is killed by their owner/ally. Heroes killed just respawn after a time based on their level. Special items will be included, and instead of item "recipes" their will be equppable items like swords, shields, armor, rings, etc. Also heros after reaching a certain level will gain a "familiar" that follows them around and levels up aswell. Heroes in the final version will be able to level up in a number of paths based on spell choice on level up and attribute placing choices.

Current:
Almost nothing like what I've described, but for a good reason. My goal is to have the community help design and create this map along the way, and during its "run" (if it even has one). So if you like what you've heard, or are simply looking for somewhere to put your WE skills, artistic talents, or your personal ideas to use look no farther!

How To Apply:
Just post in this thread, following these guidelines:

If you want to help in WE with the following...
Terrain, Triggers, Jass**
Make a post containing which of these you would like to do, links to past works, non-biased rating of your own skill from 1-10.

If you want to help outside of WE with the following...
Models, Skins, Concept Art, Icons, Minimap
Make a post containing which of these you would like to do, links to past works, non-biased rating of your own skill from 1-10. And include any you would like to contribute if you already have them.

If you want to contribute ideas to the following...
Heroes, Spells, Concepts
Make a post containing which of these you would like to do, a description of your idea, concept art if available, and try to be as thurough about what you want to be mantained when I make it, if you already have the idea made then provide me a link.

If you want to contribute ideas to the following...
Storyline, Races, Units, Terrain
Make a post containing which of these you would like to do, a description of your idea, concept art if available, and try to be as thurough about what you want to be mantained when I make it, if you already have the idea made then provide me a link.

Anything accepted as game lore will be edited into a list on this post.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.